1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Best things said or heard about Fiat

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by sine04, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Your Post made it "The Best" ;) .
  2. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Everyone comment on the solid build of the car. Colleagues who own Hyundais and Hondas especially.

And my mom always says this while she gets in and closes the door. What is this, it is as heavy as a banker's vault door!
    I just smile.
    2 people like this.
  3. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I don't deny that after sales service is an issue in many cities, but in my case, me and a couple of friends of mine (also Fiat owners) visit the service centre more often than all my other friends, who own many other brands, put together. This doesn't mean that our cars are in anyway inferior to theirs. We care and hence take care of our cars more passionately. But to an outsider, who wouldn't know about our cars or our passion, with the poor image of Fiat to reinforce his misconception, it's very easy to draw a conclusion that 'Fiat cars are unreliable and breakdown very often' or by extension 'The service centres are incompetent and cannot fix the issues therefore this guy visits the service centre frequently'.
    Its true in my case, but then, Its also my personal opinion and does not reflect upon any bitter experiences others may have had.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  4. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Scene : On the day of Car Puja in a crowded Temple.

HE: One elderly Man(HE) looking at the car, stops to have a word with me, in Kannada '' OHH FIATaaa !!!! what's the mileage ?
    ME : around 20kmpl..

HE: In a bit of shock:eek:. "Fiat a real gem sir, I have a Hyundai i10 which never crosses 12kmpl. Hyundai whatever latest technology they get. cannot match a fiat, Fiats have ruled the 70 , 80s ..These new car brands are just eye wash sir . Congratulations " and leaves.

ME : Thank you... (Chest size = +6 inches, smile = ear to ear):D
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
    5 people like this.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sir,
    But i didn't said that , i heard that. :D
    Now let me say about our cars "Per Km Smile" assured.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6030D using Tapatalk
  6. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Fiat Enthusiast
    My comment wasn't directed at you either. :) But let's face it, service centre issue was bound to spring up. Hence, shared my opinion. :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    My neighbour, who drives a M800 has seen me working on the car almost every weekend. One day he asked me - "Sir, you are always doing something on the car. Is it giving you so much trouble?" I just smiled.

Later on another day, I offered to drop him on the way, as he was leaving home at the same time as me. Now it was his turn to smile. When he got off, he held the door open, smiled at me and said "Your car feels like a Merc. I never knew that FIAT cars were so good. Thank you"

Rajan
    8 people like this.
  8. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    My friend's family said "The doors are not shuting well since the car being new ? It should get well once the days are passed"..I said it will always be the same forever !
    My friend's father "This has a neat exterior design unlike most other cars"
    Most people "hey what a lengthy car ,what a colour (TW),soooper alloy"
    My friend's relative "I hit a Fiat Palio with my Swift and cost my car to repalce the bumper.FIAT was solid unlike mine"
    Most say about the engine like"Fiat is a genious in engine make" but very few know/buy Fiat cars:(..

Someone told me "I have never seen or heard about Fiat Linea.But you have bought it and so something should be special in that"..I was like:dancing and :dance
  9. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Fiat Enthusiast
    My point exactly. People, in their ignorance, attribute it to the poor car. But only we know where the actual 'trouble' lies. ;)
    2 people like this.
  10. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    My Neighbor on first seeing my Linea: Tank like build quality.

My aunt on her first ride: Enna da ithu itharai kastama iruku doorai moodarathuku (What is this son, it is this difficult to close the door?). This was before I did my ICE setup. Not sure on what would she comment now?

My friend's acquaintance: Why is this car slow initially though it is a PETROL? I smiled and said - sorry this is a diesel. He went:confused1

My friend: Initially commented negative on my purchase without realizing the TURBO POWER. After I drove 110kms flat in 56 minutes he just said WOW

My colleagues: After the MAS-CBE trip - Car na ithu tan. Inumaey any long trip intha car la tan (This is the car. Any long trip is only in this car, going forward).

My Friend: After breaking hard and running it over the hump after Haveri toll - Matha cara iruntha enna aayirukkum nu teriyalai. Kadavuluku tan Velicham (Had it been another car not sure what would have happened? Only God knows)

My Neighbor post my first long trip:
    He - What was the mileage?
    Me - I replied close to 20Kms per liter.
    He - Good na for a petrol car.
    Me - What?????? Its a diesel
    He - OMG. Never realized. Its so silent

One of my acquaintance: Two families can seat them self happily inside the boot!!!!!

My Friends wife as I picked them from MAS airport: Anna, unga car doorakenthu romba azhaga iruku (Bro, your car looks really beautiful when looking from a distance)

My Friend: Dai, A/C cooling kammi pannu (Please reduce the cooling of the A/C
    5 people like this.