1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Best Speakers for Punto Dynamic MJD.

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by atulkumbhar, Jul 19, 2013.

1. nahhush

nahhush Timido

Pune
    Ok... Now that's kinda dicey is it not? So when I do send it for servicing n stuff, i hope they don't finger the car other than where it is absolutely needed.

- - - Merged Post - - -

That is the problem, I like Zakir Hussain's tabla and I don't seem to get the effect as such. See if I have put in a CD for Santoor or Flute it will not matter as such because there is more of Mid's n High's. However tabla is basically in the Low's. The Bass starts to distort immediately. The Palio came w/o a HU (atleast the model that I bought) so I could use the after market stuff. So I had a Pioneer HU with 400W Ovals.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Can you tell me which make you are running? Is there a good deal of difference. If you opine the change is worth then I'll volunteer myself for it.
  2. sk16

sk16 Amatore

New Delhi, India

See the thing is that I have seen both the cases. I met this random guy at FASS and he was cribbing about Fiat not repairing his kaput power windows under car warranty as he had installed aftermarket speakers. FASS' point of view is correct IMO as they don't know the kind of workmanship done on the installation of AM speakers. It can be third class in a vehicle and top class in another

I've also seen people getting away with it at FASC. And I myself have got HUD repaired under warranty in my i20 which had aftermarket speakers.

But you can be sure of this that FASC will not touch your AM speakers until needed, until theres something to be done in the door panels.
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  3. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    Your warranty does not get void if u install aftermarket speakers... Just make sure the installer does not splice any wires.. If the wires are spliced you will face a lot of errors in MID and warranty will also come under the hammer...

I have changed the speakers as well keeping the HU the same to retain Blu and me and Steering mounted controls....

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/punto-1-3-mjd-90-hp/9482-my-fiat-bnw-90-hp-16.html
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

I am running JBL GTO 5 quarter comps up front and JBL CS coaxials in the rear. As for the difference, I can't really generalize. Because, my Feb 12 manufactured 75HP has decent SQ for stock speakers. I do not find much of a difference between my 90HP which has JBLs vs the stock 75. Only that the low frequencies are beautiful with the JBL tweeters.

But my 90HP had crappy OEM speakers which translates bass to 'tok' noises. :D Same was the case with most of my friend's Puntos as well. So you really have to take a call after auditioning some of our cars. Where are you located?
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    That is a pretty tricky question, with no definitive answer. If the speakers you are adding are rated for a load more than what the OE wiring is rated at, yes, the warranty will be void. Since installation of new speakers requires the door panel to be opened and might result in connections to the other electrical functions in the door, like central locking and power windows, it will void warranty.

However, if you are on good terms with the FASC, no, your warranty will not be void. Contrary to popular belief, except fuelling the car, anything else can void the warranty, if executed outside the FASC. That includes tyre upsizes as well. I know of someone who's warranty claim on the suspension was denied, as he did not get balancing and alignment done at the ASC.

It all boils down to your relationship with the ASC.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  6. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad

Do the wires need to stripped to install speakers? Do the OEM speakers come with a weird connector that aftermarket do not come with, like the connectors of the stock horn?
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    The OE speakers have a connector, which has to be cut off to connect an aftermarket speaker. See picture:

speaker.JPG

So, going by the "wire cutting = warranty void" theory, your warranty is void. Also, the speakers are riveted to the door, which requires drilling and can be termed as structural modification.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  8. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

As far as I could remember, NO.

The stock speakers however are riveted to the door. The rivets are drilled and speakers taken out. Then wooden spacers are kept and drilled to the door to accommodate the new speakers. Even if you go for components, (Speaker woofer + tweeter), no cutting of wires is done. The stock wiring is routed to the crossover unit, which splits the highs and lows and feed the highs to the woofer/speaker and lows to the tweeter, for which new wiring will be done.

The head unit is of 30W*4 output for our cars, and hence going for a very high RMS speaker setup won't give much improvements.

This is something I learnt during my speaker upgrade, else am a complete noob in the ICE department.
  9. nahhush

nahhush Timido

Pune
    Well, the car is in Pune and i'm in Vadodara. So its always running between the wickets for me. Barely get a day and then the time has to be equally allotted for Family, Friends and ofcourse my Girl Friends !!! (Palio, Punto) :)
    1 person likes this.
  10. nahhush

nahhush Timido

Pune
    The minute we cut of that and start drilling that is a problem...

God this is so painful... Then again its kinda the price that we gotta pay for her to sound good inside. Oh the sheer agony of the dilemma i'm facing here is maddening me. Anyway no use cribbing. Somehow the call has to be taken and fast.

- - - Merged Post - - -

The minute we cut of that and start drilling that is a problem...

God this is so painful... Then again its kinda the price that we gotta pay for her to sound good inside. Oh the sheer agony of the dilemma i'm facing here is maddening me. Anyway no use cribbing. Somehow the call has to be taken and fast.

- - - Merged Post - - -

I'm so thankful to all you guys. You guys have helped me so much... Now i'm actually more confused than what I was. Pandit Auto, Pune are the guys from whom I've got the Punto. They don't have a full fledged accessories section. I would have preferred paying them extra and avoided these hassles. Anyway, request you guys to give me little time and I shall have a word with FASC to figure out a mutually beneficial option.