1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Best Petrol Car Under 7.5L

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by amargawade90, Jan 28, 2012.

?

Fiat Punto 1.4 Vs Honda Jazz X

1. Fiat Punto 1.4

58.1%
  2. Honda Jazz X

41.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

@ENKI :: Thanks For UR Geniune Comment !!
    IDK , Why This Fiatian ONly Belives that Fiat Cars are Best and Others are BAD !! Anyways....If I Liked New i20 , Then Whats the Mistake ??? In JAN. when we thinking to buy car, we not even consider i20 at all but New One i Loved It !!
    and I presonally Want to say that i20 is Not Handle Bad at all...... Its Same Handle as Honda City( may be Jazz Too) , SO If Honda City is Good then why not i20 ??
    Why i SHould I SPednd 7+ Lakhs To COmpany who never cares about customers ( YEs , I STill Not Get TD of Punto 1.4 From Fiat) , and Car Interior Still Behind the Other Cars ( Specailly CHEAP Silver Console ) And Thanks to " Ranjangoan PDI Inspector" For Making Such Car with Great Fit N Finish !!:firey
    I Lot Accepted From 2012 Model but Its Just Minnor refreshed Car , Nothing Much CHanged !!
    Jazz IS Out From Our List !!! Final Decision takes From Punto and i20 Only !!
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Amar,
    (For this post i'm regular(aam admi) cutsomer :))
    From my personal point of view,listen to you heart and opt,either it's Hyundai or FIAT or anyother !
    Afterall its your money !!! use it wisely.

P.S:- Value For Money.
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    Why is it that I dont see the ground clearance of the new I20 mentioned anywhere on there website or in there e-brochure ? Or is it that I am not able to locate it? or is it thats its too low to be mentioned ?
  4. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

GC is Still 165 mm !! ( As Per SA)
  5. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    Strange they have not mentioned it anywhere on the website or pdf. BTW is the new 1.4 U2 diesel engine different from the previous 1.4 diesel engine in the old i20 ? Because I was reading the comparison in the overdrive review among the diesel engines , and they said that the i20 diesel engine(old one) is no match for the fiat 1.3 liter engine . I dont know about the new engine from hyundai thugh . But 2 things stand in Fiat favour , the GC(185mm for diesel and 195 for 1.2 petrol) and the fantastic diesel engine. Just my view though.
  6. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Yahh , They Forgot To Mention , In New Brochure !! Anyways.....GC is Not Big Problem here in Navi Mumbai..... Most of Roads are Good to take any Low GC cars.
    I DOnt About Diesel Model at all , But Petrol Is Changed at Alot !! ( with Dual VTVT Techonology)
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Sure Amar, Completely respect your decision. I can only convey my opinion, so here is what i think. In such a competitive environment, none of the car is "BAD". So let's get dispense with that word. Even local manufacturers are making some very competitive stuff & basic eligibility is "It has to be only "GOOD" & nothing less than this".
    For 100 km/hr, your observation are Bingo. I completely agree that there is hardly anything to choose among today's cars. All are equally good. Now because of this unfair advantage due to Indian Road conditions & speed limit of 80 Km/hr (not some restricted one but that's what road & traffic allows), some manufacturer's have made hay when sun shines. I can bet, if there would be a rule of "Minimum speed of 120 Km/Hr", an i20/Jazz/Swift/Micra/Liva will stop selling immediately. Absolutely a nose dive graph as soon as this stuff will get exposed in front of people. May be only Pablo (Polo+Fabia :mrgreen:) will survive other than Punto.

That's what my point is. Now if you see i20 a new revolution in Indian auto sector & Punto absolutely feature less, i won't blame you. They will also charge you heavily for those additional features, right? You are not getting any financial advantage here.

The very 1st thing i would look for is mentioned above & avoid the features which are there to cover the vehicle's inability. Now pls don't ask me how i20 is bad wrt Punto above 120 km/hr or 190 km/hr.
    That's Punto's territory & no one dares to go there.

It's simple, choose your priorities. I completely respect your decision whatever car it is but you should know what you are compromising & at what costs else what's the use of being a member of enthusiastic community?

Who said 100 km/hr is restriction on highways:confused:? Let's not talk about highways, 120 km/hr is not a restriction even in local streets:mrgreen:, But for this you need to have a FIAT to look good else it would be a very cheap & irresponsible stunt from some Tapori who is inventing ways to suicide:D!! We are in India, very fortunate that there no speed camera's installed here & we have FIAT:cool:.

The difference is, If you buy a FIAT, you would laugh on your claims of not crossing 100 km/hr speed ever in your life.
  8. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

[/COLOR]
    Well said ....
    When I Told My MOM , IF we buy Punto then we can go at speed of 160+ easily.....But My MOM said Strictly NOOO , She allowed to anyone( DAD n ME ) To Go Beyond MAx 120....( Yes , She Scared a Lot at High speed)( at specialy when She saw an accident on Expressway of Xylo , which try to over take us and Lost his control and Roll Down ( 3-4 Times :eek:) to Opposite Lane !! ( I know , we can Not Comapre Xylo to Punto , But "Meri Mom Ko Kon smazaye")
    Yes , Features in NEW i20 are Too good , specially Auto Fold Mirrors , "Start/Stop Button" , Supervision Cluster.... Build In reverse Camera ( Which Not Spoils Looks At All) and dashboard the TOP Quility Mann!!!....I Know They will charge more for this , but still car price is just 7.04 Lakhs Only (I Know , its 1.2L Engine) , Which Still Lesser than JAZZ !!
    Anyways , We not taken any final decision Not Yet !!
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ground CLEARANCE
    Thats part of drive/handling/performance and not plastics:D,how can one expect to forget such point.:shocked ?
    Thanks to Mumbai roads you have escaped from GC issue.
    Might be Pune roads are angry on you:firey and asking you to drive once here!!!!
  10. Amar..
    The money is yours no doubrt and you will be taking the decision...
    But if i would have been in your place i would have thought why should i pay more only for interiors for an i10 engine???
    And one more thing you should also comapre the spare part cost and maintenance cost of the cars you are considering

I will give you an example.. recently i got all the four doors , left side rear quarter panel and front bumper painted(some minor dents and scratches)
    The total cost was 14991 to be precise....

Name me a car in punto's segment which has such less prices for body work and denting work..
    and who says FIAT's ASS is bad... i am having a pretty nice experience here in navimumbai...
    I took my car yesterday afetr this denting ,painting work and will you beleieve when i went to take the delivery... my car was all decorated in ribbons and all those stuffs like a new car waiting for delivery.

every car has its share of bad and good ASS related stories , its just that people make a fuss more for FIAT...
    and yes..one ore incident...
    one month ago i got a call from FIAT-ASS asking me if they can come to my home for routine checkup of my car ..
    They came to my office ..did all the checkups..topped up the engine oil, windscreen solution and all related routine checkups stuffs.

I ofcourse felt like i own a premium segemnt Car..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.