1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Best Petrol Car Under 7.5L

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by amargawade90, Jan 28, 2012.

?

Fiat Punto 1.4 Vs Honda Jazz X

1. Fiat Punto 1.4

58.1%
  2. Honda Jazz X

41.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    But, Guys, honestly I do like the Jazz for the sheer interior space and comfort. I am not telling that it is better than GP but, for driving in city and for short distance travel, this is much much better option than i20, Swift, Liva, etc, etc.
    1 person likes this.
  2. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Sun, There is no exception to this. Jazz was an error on my part, so my bad as an inclusion. Jazz is sold in US as Honda FIT, That's why Honda has kept US in mind, their biggest market. Certainly i20 isn't designed keeping US/Europe in mind. It has been good selling product in Europe though but no where close to traditional European hatches. Many Suzuki products like Zen/Swift where you will find long legged people feel cramped are mainly sold in Japanese market. A car designed for Indian condition will keep it's dynamics/ergonomics most suited to people over here.
    Remember 500. They had to literally redesign & extend it's size inside while selling in US because of obesity issue of US public. I am serious:mrgreen:. There was also modification done on the exterior like bumper etc but interior roominess was clearly keeping general US public in mind. They even had to modify & widen Giulietta's platform to accommodate hefty Americans in Dodge Dart.

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

What city comfort you are talking about, Ram? There is no concept like city driving here. Nothing less than a FIAT will do.
    Only 1 rule to follow: If you have enough room to squeeze your FIAT through, There is no city:cool
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  3. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Hello Guys, Sorry For Late Reply. I'm Out Of Town and I Gifted My PC to My Cousin therefor I can not Reply. Here is My Replies From My New Laptop From HP Pavilion DV6 6165tx !!:D

Our First Priority Is Front Seat Comfort Not Rear.....So We Needs Front seats/space More Important Than rear....
    For Example :: Two days ago , I sat in My Uncles "Figo" ( Co-passanger seat) and I'm Not Confortable at all ( specially Lower back support ) and i want to specially write here , Figo Engine ( Diesel ) is More silent than MJD :eek:
    Last edited: May 1, 2012
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    This is not true. Either you might have seen Petrol Figo or you might not have driven Punto Diesel.
  5. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

No Mate , Figo had Diesel Engine ( 10 Months Old and 23,000Kms Completed ) and i TD Punto MJD too.....But I write here , What i Feels !!
  6. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Gawade Bhai, Congrats for your new Laptop! It would have been all together a good feeling if it was for your new Punto as well. you are completely wrong there, Figo TDCI is no where close to MJD in refinements. If you want to go deeper then go & study it. MJD is state of the art next gen. diesel which has set the tone on how diesels should be. The sound that you are talking about is known as "GROWL" at this side of community. That is just to give sporty feeling & you will like it if you understand it's purpose. Its not ugly diesel clutter of Mahindra Jeeps & non-turbo old Indica's. Open the bonnet, put your hand on the engine cover, you will find TDCI much much harsher & thrummy than MJD.

For rear seat comfort, Punto is not the league of TATA Cars, but hey don't get carried away. Average built 4 adults (which we Indians are actually) can perfectly cruise in a Punto whether front or rear. It is more comfortable than a Figo anyday. For front seats, any size is compatible since it carries Europeans, the heftiest & biggest of them all.

I am trying to convey you my points & trying to sound un-biased so that i can help your decision for a FIAT. This is not actually "ME". I am actually biased towards FIAT because of some deep realisations of these cars. Not even biased but infact FIAT is the single choice available:eek: In true sense, if i be really honest, there is nothing worth comparing Punto. This car is generation ahead dear. Anything else is complete wastage of money. I would better opt at lesser than half of the price for something like Nano or Alto (if it is all about a bit of AC & carry myself here n there). For a FIGO, you would be wasting at least 4 lacs since you can't do anything better than a Faltoo (F-ALTO-O) or a No-No (Nano):mrgreen:. They will solve the same purpose at less than half of the cost.
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    its not the engine. its the noise insulation that is different. hear both the cars from outside then you will come to know.
    while revving the punto to higher rpms you can hear sports car like sound from the engine!!
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    258 posts. Are we any closer to your purchase of a car Amar bhai? :confused:
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Gawade Bhai, Exactly what SHAMs said. Noise insulation is not something rocket technology that FIAT can't do. That little bit of Noise allowed is nothing but to listen to that VroooooMMMm that gives you Goose bumps when you cross that 40 km/hr. That sound is worth million dollar. You don't need to buy a petrol sport car to hear that. One should be thankful to FIAT to provide that in Diesel Econo-box. Try to listen to this little cub behind dashboard, it talks;). It entices you for more & more & gifted free of cost with FIATs:cool. Tame it, you will love it.

@Gurjinder:Let it be some more posts if required, this thread is evolving as complete insight to FIAT that may help many others like Gawade Bhai:mrgreen:
    Last edited: May 1, 2012
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Amar, if you have not decided fast this thread will become diabetic. becoming more and more fatty.:D
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.