1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Best Petrol Car Under 7.5L

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by amargawade90, Jan 28, 2012.

?

Fiat Punto 1.4 Vs Honda Jazz X

1. Fiat Punto 1.4

58.1%
  2. Honda Jazz X

41.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    You are spot on ENKI.
    Amar, There is no point in waiting for the TD of Punto 1.4. You should Punto from the list and just go ahead.
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  2. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I went to book a Jazz before buying my Punto. Thank God they were extremely unhelpful and multiple calls also yielded no result.
    i20 and the koreans will always be out of the question. It's like I will never buy a Samsung or a LG product ever again.
  3. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad

Congrats Amar !!! On zeroing it down to the new igen i20. I am sure you would like it. Though you are not convinced and yet realised, but I am sure you have madeup your mind or rather your MIND is inclined more towards the i20 and ultimately you would end up buying an i20 even after you get a TD of 1.4 Fire is what I see.
    i20 is a nice car for the city drive and with chic interiors which you are drooling around. I am not surprised at all cause it is the case with many of my friends/relatives too.

Personally, whoever enquires me about my my Punto, all I say is that its the best hatch for Highway and nothing comes close to it in handling and ride quality. I have an Active variant and the interiors as you know is not much to be appreciated about. But at the price I paid, its more than what I would have asked for.
    I see the road and feel the ride instead of staring at the gadgets and drool over them, so interiors were never my preference. Ofcourse its a personal choice and how you feel and prioritize your need is what matters at the end of the day.

Regarding the 100kmph .... GOOD for you !!!! Safety first right !!!!
    If you donot look at the speedometer you might not even realise how fast you are going in Punto, the difference between the feel and the actual speed varies somewhere between 20-40 kmph.
    Rather than just how fast you reach from 0 to 60, I am much impressed with punto coming from 60 to 0 in no time. It could be a life saviour in many cases.
    I cannot find a proper adjective to put the braking power of Punto in words. One has to experience all the above said and what our other Family members from TFI say about their personal experiences.

Anyways, I am not sure if you have not posted it correctly or if I didnot understand correctly. Out of the 3000kms you will be doing 2 long trips of 1000 kms each (2x1000 =2000kms) and the remaining (3000-2000=1000kms) MOST of the time you will be driving in the city. I am a bit confused about this. How is MOST driving in city possible?
    If your calculation is correct, you will be driving 2/3 rds of your mileage on Highways. Thats where you car will most of the time apart from your garage. And needless to say Punto is the undebated ruler of the Highways.

I hope you get the TD of 1.4 Fire soon and post the review here and a new ownership report of the igen i20 follows. Good Luck !!!!
    2 people like this.
  4. Bang on with ur observations. This case is very similar to mine. I drive only 6K KM or so in a year (current reading is only 15K KM after 2.5 years), out of which 2-3K KM are on highways each year. Its a weekend car for me. Being Punto, it takes me only 7 hrs to reach Surat from Pune, since I drive at 150 on e-way and 120 throughout very easily. PPl at surat ask me how come 7 hrs for 450KM, is there a short cut? I wonder why this guy needs even 1.4 and not just settle with 1.2 (if petrol is the only choice).
  5. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

He has emphasized many times that his search is still on for hatch back.
    But every one comes after a min. or so & congratulate him for his i-gen:mrgreen:.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    :evilsmile
  7. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    @ ENKI bhai : He is stumped for the interiors and features igen i20 has to offer and there is no way he would find the interiors of Grande Punto to be superior. He already declared that i20 has BEATEN Punto in this regard. And he finds i20 to be stable enough at 100kmph, the same was felt by me in my 800cc Alto. So ride and handling seems to be his last priority which is in the genes of FIAT. We should realise the fact and appreciate that the TFIans have been very unbiased and suggesting him to go for the i20 based purely on his preferences.
  8. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Yes Kiran, You were expected to know the true meaning of stability since you own a FIAT. I think Amar was expecting the car's getting imbalanced suddenly by itself@100km/hr. Obviously every car would drive with stability even@140 km/hr till you don't do any climax. Even Nano would do that.

But what if some truck pops out from some T joint which is only 30 mtrs away. Now one would immediately get the specification sheet with 80 km/hr braking. Punto's & i 20's braking are hardly reflects the truth on papers. Punto should save a few mtrs but still the stopping distance is very less obviously & no car can stop in 30 mtrs from 100-0.
    This is where stability counts & this time one's life on line:up!!

Doesn't it feel scary now at the cost of reverse sensors, ionized air (& what ever else new feature??)...???
    I think people make a total mess of this "Stability" word. What happens when you are forced into circumstances that you have to maneuver your steering to extreme right or left@100km/hr or even 60 km/hr for that matter?This is where Stability is counted not when it is moving in a straight line. Even bricks would go fine in straight line:mrgreen:

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

Hummm... Kiran, you have under-braked your Punto:mrgreen:. It is equally fantastic in ratio to the high speeds as well. The only car in the B segment with no brake fading@NA speed, never looses it's line (i mean neither front nor rear) with you still in control when car is in the process of dropping it's relative velocity. I am writing NA because i have found the brakes good in same proportion at all speeds experienced like 60-0. Mind it, when speed goes above 80 km/hr, the other cars braking performance drastically falls wrt. it's stopping power/capability@low speeds.
    Like 50 km/hr - 0, if one car stops@15 mtrs, then it's 100-0 should be 30 mtrs by simple mathematics. No it may even cross 60 mtrs (& they do cross if you check the stats:mrgreen:). Whereas Punto would be the one who will do it in 40 mtrs, if not exactly 30 mtrs. You increase the speed further, Punto will still keep you hopeful whereas other cars are absolutely DUD. Not all but an odd C-SEGMENT car with 4 discs may match FIAT's braking capability.
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  9. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Only One Person can Give TD Of Punto 1.4.......Person is Nithin !!! If He give TD of His car , then My TD report Will complete !!
    and We can Finalize car Very soon !!
  10. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Nithin may do it for the LOVE of FIAT.
    But the worst outcome, Nithin gave you test drive of his 1.4 after traveling 50 KMs in Mumbai traffic & you discarding Punto after test drive because it doesn't have i-gen features:mrgreen:.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.