1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Best Petrol Car Under 7.5L

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by amargawade90, Jan 28, 2012.

?

Fiat Punto 1.4 Vs Honda Jazz X

1. Fiat Punto 1.4

58.1%
  2. Honda Jazz X

41.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I remember i drove my firnd's i20 petrol. There were 3 of us and i wanted to see how it will react in slight incline with ac in full blast..

I had a very shoddy experience with an i10.... so i thought lets see if i20 suffers from the same...

but even the i20 behaved in the same way...i started climbing the incline (slope may be 10or 15 degrees) and the engine started feeling so strained...i had literally floored the acelerator .... but still....i mean i could feel the engine going out of breathe..
    that feeling was horrible to say the least...

we had an alto in our family and i never felt like this even in my alto...

And this is not to undermine the character of any car.. these are just what i have felt personally driving other cars..
    Atleast i will never pay so much only for interiors... i will rather prefer and adjust to the so called bad after sale serivice..
    but again this is me ...
    to each his own i guess:)
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  2. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Mate , Its Old i20 .....New One is re-tuned Engine with most of Problem Sorted Out ( I Hope SO)
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I too hope all the i20 issues (AC, Steering rattle, etc) are sorted out.
    I will wait and hear from you whether the problems are sorted out or not.
  4. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Ramjn, i think decision has been made & vehicle has been decided.
    Can someone help us to opt for Hyundai instead:D? Since we had a long discussion with the thread owner & his priorities, he will find FIAT absolutely DUD for the things he is looking for. Let's wish him good luck instead:).
    1 person likes this.
  5. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

My Search STill Not Ended Mate...... Punto STill in List But How can we book car , Without any Proper Test Drive ??? Will U Invest Ur Hard Earned Money On Car ( Which U Not Tested ) , By Just Listenning Other Peoples !!!
    Today , I Again Registering For TD Of Punto 1.4 , If I Get This TD , Then Decision Will "MAY" change It !!!

OMG.....Now Fiat India Website , S*cks !!! I can not choose " Prefer Dealer "....Its Showing Wrong Dealer at Navi Mumbai !!
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I agree that TD is must for making informed decision. Swift sells 20k units a month and do you think all 20k persons TD'ed it and decided on this car? As I told earlier, Fiat is not the correct fit for you. I strongly recommend you to go with i20/Jazz or even Swift.

On a side note - I made an insensible decision of booking Linea even without taking a TD :D.
    1 person likes this.
  7. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Ghatkopar-Mumbai
    Hey Amar, Close to 200 posts and still not decided which car to buy ! This must be a Teamfiat record.

In the end, you will end-up buying a car which you have never discussed.
  8. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

" Fiat is not the correct fit for you" What Mean By this Sentence ???
    Maruti is Trusted Brand Therefor Many peoples Goes with it BLINDLY ... Whereas Fiat Still Needs to prove alot !!!
    I waiting For TD of Punto 1.4 Last "Two and Half Months" ...Still Nothing Happen from FIAT Side.This Shows , They Dont Care About Customer at All !!
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Even then i will suggest an i20. No use of being confused.
    Amar, your priorities are completely Hyundaish mate. Mind it, there Punto & i20 are completely different vehicles, though belong to the same segments & looks like hatches.
    If you like Interior, parking censors, stop/start button, ionized breathing, you will find Punto absolutely useless. It is absolutely a fact! If Punto Evo may exist in India, i would advocate for FIAT as it has segment's best interiors. Punto Evo in India will be a good encouragement for FIATians as it would be a perfect all rounder then, absolutely flawless but it's good interior still won't be "DEAL MAKER" for us. The DEAL MAKER will still be the same as of Grande which can be read in all posts we posted but you are hardly interested:roll:.

I would like to try once more, you said i20 was perfect stable@100 km/hr?
    On what parameters do you define that stability in i20? You tell me, i will tell you mine:p.

Yes, by the way this is regarding the Hyundai's mechanic who came with the test drive car & was claiming that i20 has no problem what so ever@160 km/hr.
    Just ask him to drive it @160 Km/hr & keep it same speed for 15 secs. Assure him that you will buy the car if he manages to do that. In case he agrees, Don't accompany him in the car, Never do that! Just stick your mobile camera with a double tape somewhere & see the recording later:mrgreen:. We will all agree too that we were wrong;).
  10. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Dear Amar, did I question ever about the trust in Maruti? I see that you are unnecessarily pulling some strings. Keeping that aside, why do you still wait for TD of Punto if they are not caring you at all? Why do you wait for a TD of a car from a manufacturer which doesn't care about customer care? I am not getting you logic at all.

Right from the beginning of this thread, I was suggesting you Jazz. Since you have ruled that out, now i20 is the correct and sensible choice for you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.