1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Best Petrol Car Under 7.5L

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by amargawade90, Jan 28, 2012.

Fiat Punto 1.4 Vs Honda Jazz X

1. Fiat Punto 1.4

2. Honda Jazz X

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Hello friends !! We buying car very soon so I TD City and Punto 1.2 ( TD report of New Punto 1.4 coming soon !!) as our budget is max 7-7.5lakhs, we considering Honda City Corporate Edition ( ~ 7.7 Lakhs ) , Punto 1.4 (7.30 Lakhs) and Swift ZXI.
    New Honda City Test Drive Report:

[1] Very Very Slient Engine
    [2] Powerful Engine
    [3] Light Steering at Low Speed
    [4] Rear LegRoom is Specious:cool:

[1] Breaks are Not Good as Punto ( or even as our ZEN too)
    [2] Shifting Gear is Little difficult for Me.
    [3] Very less Feature compare any other car in the segment or below the segment
    [4] above 80+ speed steering is not much heavy as Punto etc.
    [5] Honda SA Attitude !!:shock:

Yesterday I TD Punto 1.2 Dynamic, This punto just covered ~150kms , condition was good and SA Mr. Pawan More is Very Helpful and very friendly( Thanks to Nithin Vedekkepat , FB friend who recommanded me to meet MR. Pawan)

Fiat Grande Punto 1.2 Petrol Test Drive Report :

[1] Slient Engine as Honda till 70-80 Km/hr speed
    [2] Breaks are too much Urgent
    [3] Car is Niggle free :up, No single Rattling or other sound come from TD Vehicle
    [4] Handling of car is very Good compare to CITY
    [5] Steering is Well weighted at high Speed!!
    [6] Ac is Powerful as CITY( may be more)
    [7] Car going over pathholes and Broken roads very comfortably
    [8] Gear shifting Quality much better than CITY ( My Opinion) etc.
    [9] Fit and finish is Good looks Better than CITY and SWIFT.
    [9] and Last but not least NEW Blue colour looks SEXY :D on both Punto as well as Linea

Dislike :
    [1] 3rd gear is not much powerful to pull the car on Hill Road( Total 3 peoples in The Car)
    [2] No New 1.4 Punto available Yet (For TD)( It's coming soon within 1 week)
    [3] 1.2 Liter is Engine is Not much powerful
    [4] Space between Tyre and Arch is Noticable( if U are Far from car, which is Impossible ;))

Sorry Friends No Photo's Now but I'll Take the Photo's of 1.4 Punto when i TD.
    Coming Days I'm Test Driving SWIFT and Punto 1.4 EMotion.... SO Stay Tuned !!
    I'm attaching Brochure of Punto and Price's of Punto and Linea For Navi Mumbai!!
    (Note : Please Forggive me , My English is Little BAD)
    scan0001 (FILEminimizer).jpg scan0002 (FILEminimizer).jpg

scan0003 (FILEminimizer).jpg scan0004 (FILEminimizer).jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2012
  2. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ Amar

First you decide that do you want hatchback or seden

Comparison with Swift,Vista,Alto is right.
    But comparison with H city?

3rd gear of Punto is not effective to pull the weight of car+3 persons on board. This statement is wrong.

You may experience that issue due to some tech. problem or bad fuel.

Coz I had taken TD of 1.2 with 5 people on board with ac.
    I stopped the car in the middle of big incline.
    Then I shift 1st gear & released clutch w/o touching
    Accl. Paddle

In first cog with ac on with load of 5 people car easily rolled without any issue.

This type of engine output is impossible in korean/japan car.

Coz light weight korean/japan cars are only made for drag race.

If you want go for hatch then 1.2 is best.
    If you want seden then Linea 1.4 is right choice.
  3. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

we Buying car on Budget Not on Car type !! In our budget Swift ZXI , punto 1.4 and H CITY suitable , therfore i comparing here.....
    Its purely based on budget.....and 3rd gear in not pulling well(with AC) at speed of 35 kmph speed( speed is constantly decreasing )so i need to downshift to 2nd to increase the speed ( This My experience....this may vary with different person and raod type)
  4. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    Nope! Fiat has indeed re-tuned the gear ratios i suppose! Cause i have the 2009 MJD linea, and when i TD the 2012 model, it was very responsive in 1st and 2nd! And yes, 3rd gear is also responsive, but not in 'a climb' with 4 people on board and AC on!!! Cause it was the same road in which i used to drive my old MJD! And this 2012 Linea was almost dead in the climb with 4 people on board and AC on when the speed was between 20-30kph!

May be Fiat has done the same thing to even petrol and diesel variants of Punto and Linea!

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

You can rule out the Swift if you are looking for a Petrol version! Go for the City if you looking for a petrol! Else TD both Punto and Swift Diesel! Swift is good for driving inside the city, but not highways or bad roads, cause i have driven the new swift ddis for more than 100kms! I know Punto MJD will always be a decent performer in both city and highways!

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

Yes! I think so 1st and 2nd gears have been re-tuned at the cause of the 3rd gear! You wont feel this difference unless you drive uphill, or climb a steep road! Else it's fine!
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

I agree with third gear sluggishness in punto and worse with AC on.

Punto has a very weird tune which I found amusing . but to gain something you have to lose something .you should try doing same exercise with same car in power band i.e in bit higher engine REVs and it will change your perception entirely.

the main reason why it feels sluggish is slower torque attack compared to rest. so it will make anybody believe punto is under powered and unable to pull. and you did the right thing even a pro will do the same shift it to 2nd and rev it up. (they did not let it deliver the power wildely-but linear is almost right word)

I myself have complained this issue in my initial ownership of punto 90hp and that is all about it one has to use fiat cars bit differently from rest and that is where unfortunately gets beaten in India .

today after completing 17500km I laugh at those experience of mine when I used sweat out thinking where is all those horses.
    Now I proudly says, I own a punto-crafted for a true fan!
    1 person likes this.
  6. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Guy's actually I want to TD Punto 1.4 but 1.4 Punto is not available, so i TD 1.2 punto for comparing Engine power of both 1.2 and 1.4....
    H city is good but Not VFM car ,and at that price i get fully loaded Punto 1.4 ..... So we perefering (priority to) Punto 1.4 or SWift Petrol only ( as our running is low, so therefor choosing Petrol varient , in 1 Year we covered Max 3K Kms)

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

I forgot To Mention , Fiat Now offering Free Insurance for Punto !!
  7. sungoa2010

Decide only after test drive of 1.4. It is a marvelous engine.
  8. nithin.v

nithin.v Amatore

Hi Amar
    Test drive punto 1.4 and then decide . I think riding comfort is more for fiat punto than Jazz and City. I decided to buy punto 1.4 after test drove linea 1.4 as most of the fiat outlets didn't have a 1.4 version. I think its a rare model in streets
  9. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

As per Mr. Pawan....Td Vehicle for Punto 1.4 is coming within week.... I hope so It's True and I may be a First Test Driver for This New Punto 1.4 :)
  10. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ amar

Go on this page

& read my post written on real differance between performance of City & 1.2 punto
    Honda city is only useful on express-way.

1.4 GP is also not impressive. Coz you will not get peak performance from Honda/1.4 Gp because max. Torque of H city & 1.4 Punto generates very late.

I mean max. torque of H city & 1.4 punto is at very high RPM i.e. after 4000 RPM.

So more gear changes,absense of low end torque are drawbacks of H city & 1.4 punto.

Drivability of 1.2 GP is always one step ahead.

Still you want 1.4 powerplant then go for linea.
    Coz linea is heavier than 1.4 punto.
    So engine tunning of 1.4 linea is better than 1.4 punto
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.