1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Best Lubricants for Fiat Linea T-Jet

Discussion in 'Pre service query' started by Prithviraj, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Prithviraj

Prithviraj Novizio

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi Folks,

I've bought the car recently and I'm wondering if someone could share your views and experience on best Lubricants for t jet.

I want to know which is the best engine oil and coolant for t jet. Also has anyone used speed93 petrol and if so how is the performance.

Thanks in advance
    Prithvi
  2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    FIAT does not advise using performance fuel in its cars in India (at least not for MJD vehicles). You can enjoy the car with 'normal' fuel.
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Selenia K is good if you want better you can try Mobil 1, Shell Helix Ultra, Castrol Edge, Motul 8100

Paraflu UP used by Fiat is top of the range coolant no need to replace it with some other brand.
  4. Prithviraj

Prithviraj Novizio

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Thank you guys. I've read in many posts that current engine oil used on Fiat Linea t jet is semi synthetic.. So thought to check your experiences..

Would you recommend semi or fully synthetic oils?

@vijay, which engine oil do you use on your vehicle? I've heard Shell Helix Ultra is very good..Anyone has tried the same on TJet?

Appreciate for responding guys. Prithvi
  5. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Fully synthetic would be better

Currently I am using Shell Rimula 15w-40 ci-4+ rated mineral oil
  6. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    On my Tjet I am using Fiat recommended Selenia Semi Synthetic oil and its doing a fine job because the engine sounds smooth. My car has done 28000 kms till now.

But I have used Shell Helix Ultra 15w40 extensively in my previous car and it is damn good.

About using fuels like Power, Speed and Xtra for the Tjet, I would suggest no as it does not give any performance gain at all. So it is better to stick to unleaded fuel from a good petrol station.
  7. Prithviraj

Prithviraj Novizio

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks everyone.. I filled her up with speed for my recent weekend ride and like you said I did not notice any major changes in power delivery, while engine sound did change a bit (probably rattling noise reduced a bit although it was hardly evident earlier with normal petrol too).

Also, I noticed 99rpm.com has mentioned Selenia K as fully synthetic not sure if that's a different version than which is used by Fiat?
  8. Prithviraj

Prithviraj Novizio

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    One more thing I wanted to check is, when you start engine after 6-7 hours when the engine is cold, the engine idling goes to 1,500+ rpm and after few seconds it comes back to 700+ is it normal or does it calls for any check up? I'm not sure if it's same with every t jet
  9. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    @Prithviraj : It's usually about 1300 rpm after a cold start, which gradually decreases and comes to the normal idle rpm. Even though 1500rpm is a little higher I don't think you need to get it checked up since it comes down to a normal idle rpm after that.
  10. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Stick to Normal unleaded fuel and Selena K engine oil... you car will perform adequately... no need to run after performance additives either.. I have done 70K KM on my Tjet and regular servicing in line with service manual has done a good job.