1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Best FIAT service center in Noida

Discussion in 'Pre service query' started by vivek_lko, Feb 11, 2011.

1. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    My car is about to complete the 3k 1st service mark . Can anyone tell me of a good service center in Noida ? There are 3 as of now, Automobile sterling, oberoi cars and dynamic automobiles. Does anyone know which one is the best ? Minor squeaks have have started coming up from the car and I dont want it to be handled by incompetent mechanics so would like to have your feedbacks. Thanks once again.!!

One more thing ; The Blue and me system just fails to recognise "call xxxxx".. Thus whenever I say "call.." it says "telephone"....If I try calling someone by voice command then out of almost 20 trials of "call xxxx".. it recognises it only once. Most of the time it will respond randomly..Anyone else faced this issue?
  2. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Hi Vivek. All the three service centres you mentioned are pretty similar. Naming the best one out of all these is really difficult as they all are not that good (based on previous experience of various owners). The best one near by based on recommendation of all the TFI members is Elegant Motors, Patpargunj. They really seem to have the personnel and skills (as emntioned by most of the people visiting ). Ive read people as far as from west delhi coming there for services and issues. So would advise you to try them.

P.S Why dont you join the Delhi meet this saturday at India Gate. There would be many people with previous experiences and you would learn a 1000 new things about ur car, Fiat and the dealers/service centres. Heres the link for the information viewtopic.php?f=41&t=1640&start=150
  3. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Yes Elegant is best for sure..
  4. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    Hi Ansal and Nitin,
    Thanks for your replies. Unfortunatley due to some urgent work I was not able to come online and missed this TFI meet. Next time will not miss it. SInce the car had already clocked 3600 Kms and I just could not wait so I tried Oberoi cars for the first service on 25/2/2011 . There were some good bits and some bad. Firstly the good bits : There workshop is pretty well equipped and the waiting area is very well made. The staff is polite; I guess probably because they are new. Regarding my sevice experience technically it was mixed. Like I mentioned there were some noises coming from my Car :
    1. A "khachar khachar" noise from the left side that could be heard inside once the car travels around 2-3 kms from standstill
    2. A "charrrrrrr" noise that comes from the gear stock in the 5th gear once the engine RPM is around 1800-1900 RPM. After that it goes away.
    3. A "jhank jhank" sound that comes from just below the steering whenever it crosses even a small bump.Sometimes this automatically got ok and sometimes it would again start.
    4. The Blue and Me system would sparingly respond to my commands.

Now the response of Oberoi service to the above was the following . I went in 25/2/2011 for my first service :

1. They did a test ride on their own first(i was sitting in the showroom). They come back and tell that everything ok and no sound can be heard
    2. I insist that there is a problem and I would come along. Their quality engineer also accompanies me .Finally I was able to make them hear sound(1) and sound(2) and they agree to fix it. Soound(3) could not be heard.
    3. I take back the delivery of the car at 5:30 . On the way I notice that the sounds are still coming and they have not been fixed
    4. Next day(26thFeb) I take the car back to Oberoi and tell them that I want an engineer to sit with me. They politely agree and send their engineer(Kishanjeet) with me. He was able to finally take notice of sound(1) and sound(2) and their probable cause. They say that they need to open the suspension and check the engine mounting. Since it would take time so it would be better if I come the othe day(27th)
    5. On 27th again I go , they open the suspenion , grease and tighten the engine mounting . STill the noise would not go. Then they opened the portion near the gear box from inside the car and do some greasing and adjustment . Finally the sound(1) and sound(2) were rectified and tha car became pretty silent.
    6. After driving around a 200 kms....now the sounds have restarted though they are very low . I am waiting for them to increase and I will take the car back to them see if they can rectify it .
    7. After they had opened the suspension and did the wheel balancing I noticed that to make the car run even on a straight road i have to keep the steering turned left by around 10 degrees. WHat can be the reason ? Any problem with the allignment ?Anyone ?
    8. My experience with their engineer "Kishanjeet" has been pretty good till now. Not that he knows everything but he does try to work towards rectifying the issue. I hope he is able to finally rectify the cause of the sounds. I understand its not so easy trying to locate the source of a sound that is intermittent. Its like searching for a needle in haystack.
    9. The left seat has grease spots on them after they had opened the suspension . They say they will clean in the 2nd service. Thats pretty bad of them . I will see if I can get the seats cleaned .
    10. Regarding Blue and Me problem they were totally clueless . I guess they dnt have much idea about the software aspect of it.

Anyways though my problems have not been full resolved I would still rate them 7/10 , since I found their attitude to be good. Anyways I hope that now this attitude can resolve my problems. Its very annoying to listen to these sounds in a brand new car :A which is Fiats premium hatchback model

WIll keep you posted.

PS : My total bill for first service at Oberoi cars noida was : around 5500 split as below :
    3M Teflon coating extarnal : 2700/-
    Underbody 3M coat - appxt 1400/-
    Engine 3M coat - appxt 550/-
    Replacing the shampoo in the front wind shield : 70/-
    Rest are taxes. Above are the appxt charges. If anyone wants the exact charge let me know and I will inform. Actually the bill is in the car and I am too lazy to get it from there :cry:
    Moderataors please put the above discussion in an appropriate thread if the current thread is not appropriate.
  5. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi ,

For normal servicing Oberoi MOtors is ok , but for any technical problems [ like the musical sounds mentioned by u ] always stick to ELegant Motors PAtparganj ... I think most of the Delhi guys go to Elegant [Mr.OP Sharma ] ...

Most of the workers at Oberoi are frm Rama and Sanya motors ... When at Oberoi , always ask for Mr. Gopalan , tell him u r frm this forum ... He will make sure all the problems are rectified ... Even u can mention about my car too .. I m quite regular there .. [Laal Gaadi 3631 ,,orvm change]
    Refer Oberoi due to close proximity to house ...

Pls. check ur alignment asap .... Fiat cars have a tendency to go left ..They come as it is frm the factory ...

Dilip
  6. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    typo *prefer nt refer

Also , Automobile Sterling is pathetic ..

Dilip
  7. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    Hi Dilip,

Thanks for the suggestion. I have got the allignment corrected from Oberoi. Like you said I too feel that they are not the ones who recognise the "soul" of the car. All the sounds that were supposed to be fixed are now coming back. I will go to Elegant now . But the problem is that all these sounds are very "unreliable".. They might come regularly, but the moment you show at the showroom it does not come.
    Now there is this sound that comes from the steering wheel like some "ghungru" is playing,, probbably it seems it is of some bearings. This comes when taken on road that is uneven and its very prominent. And then for some reason it would totally disappear on its own..only to return back after some time. I told to oberoi cars but they said they can look into it only if its persistent. Do you think "describing" this sound to Elegant motors can be of some help ? What do you think.

Vivek
  8. Guys.. is Elegant good for servicing the earlier models of FIAT. I am in NOIDA these days on vacation and want to get my Dad's UNO serviced. Can you guys suggest which is the best place.
  9. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    @vivek - they r quite familiar with the problems arising in Fiat cars ... If its usual , then it would be recitified with no problem ...
    Mr. Sharma , would take the car for a test dive [ on the worst patch of road ever seen ] , go with him , and try pointing out the diff. kind of noises heard by you ... It would b better if u can tag along with either Vijayant sir [axn] or Nitin Sir [nitinkumardba] ,, as they know Mr.Sharma very well ..

@arishi - elegant is a FASC ... SO there shouldnt be any problem servicing ur UNO .. I have seen UNOs' coming there quite often ..

Dlp_dmk
  10. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Arishi, Elegant is master to deal with old gen Fiat cars. Go there, meet Mr. Sharma, refer our group or reguler members like me , Vijayant, Dilip etc. You'll get best service there.