1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Best Fiat Punto by Fiat with top-notch quality & technology

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by BoseSuman, Oct 29, 2013.

1. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks Gopi, Nadeem. When I saw this I couldn't stop me to share here.

@ Sat, we are hoping to see this interior in next Linea & Punto, If the Vendor provide best quality material, It will look top-notch from FIAT.

What we heard for Linea & Punto as below ( As other discussed and mentioned in various post):-

2014 Linea:-

Diesel:-
    1. 1.6 MJD with FGT- 105 BHP/290 NM Torque, 6FWD gear. Top Model ( may be with all disc brake like T jet, ESP, CC)
    2. 1.3 MJD with VGT ( MJD2 may be as other told):- 95 BHP/219 NM Torque 5 FWD gear.

Petrol:-
    1. 1.4 TJET ( same as now with ESP & CC as scooped).

Punto:-
    Diesel
    1. 90 BHP Normal with refreshed look & interior ( EVO model).
    2. 76 BHP Normal with refreshed look & interior ( EVO model).

Petrol:-
    1.1.4/1.2 Normal Petrol ( TJET will not be provided sure).

ABARTH:-
    As speculated and told by FIAT 1.4 TJET with ABARTH tune will come, we are not sure about this model. If ABARTH tuned Punto will launch then there is no possibility of having TJET Punto.( Though we wish normal TJET with 114 BHP/207 NM instead of 1.4 NA Punto).

I hope they relaunch Linea classic+ with 1.3- 90 HP (current MJD & current dynamic feature) next year and 95 HP (MJD2 with refreshed look & new feature) in refreshed Linea with 1.6.
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  2. scottzinne

scottzinne Timido

Gwalior
    FIAT who is pioneer in diesel engine technology, not able to introduced any new engine since 1.3 multijet. On the other hand Korean who r pioneer in copying everything. has old verna engine, i20 diesel, new verna, & now i10 grand. see how easy it is to bring in new engines for them. but FIAT who never learn by past. still waiting for one fine glorious sun rise to come, to act as a car manufacturer who competes in market.
  3. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    Looks like you may be right :-(
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  4. Hyundai has devolped it's own engines , The Hyundai U engine is a series of three or four-cylinder diesel engines made for automotive applications by the Hyundai Kia Automotive Group. The U series of engines includes the smallest automotive diesel engines produced by Hyundai.[SUP][/SUP]

HKAG is similar to FTP of FIAT.

But, i see merit in your post.In the past, Hyundai has jointly developed all its diesel engines in collaboration with Detroit Diesel, a subsidiary of DaimlerCrysler AG.

But the new engine could come either from the same alliance or could have even been developed in-house by the Korean company.