1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Best DTH Service!

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by pammuluvcars, May 16, 2011.

Choose the Best service provider

1. Reliance Big TV

2 vote(s)
  2. Airtel Digital TV

9 vote(s)
  3. Videocon D2H

4 vote(s)
  4. Tatasky DTH

21 vote(s)
  5. Dish TV

3 vote(s)
  6. Sun TV

0 vote(s)
  7. Others - Please specify in your post

1 vote(s)
  1. jonspaker

Tatasky is best in my opinion too. I am using tatasky from two years and have no problem with using their services.
  2. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    All DTH services are good until you have a problem and require their techinicians /services!
    2 people like this.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    I have a question on the poll. How would one know which is better without using their service? For instance, I have been using Tata Sky for the last 4 years and I am fine with it. Honestly, I don't have any idea on other DTH Providers. They may be better than Tata sky too. But, how would I know that?

My suggestion would be look for the Cheaper option with transparency in pricing.
  4. M A N U

M A N U Amatore

which HD recorder to take?
    i have airtel normal box now but i want to upgrade to HD recorder box soon.
    please advice which is the best option as of now.
  5. Bala

Bala Esperto

I have SUN HD,even the SD channels look like HD in SunHD.Awesome.
  6. teky

teky Esperto

Got the Tata sky HD+ recently and it's really good. Upgraded as part of the recent offer and the installation was pretty quick. Although I'm hearing tata is offering very less HD channels due to bandwidth issues I'm pretty much satisfied with the picture quality and customer service. Also the newer box has a better software which is definitely faster than my old sky+ box.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  7. Hi,
    I found no body or very few are using Reliance DTH, thus I booked recently there HD -DVR, hope it work well.

In my family every body using TATA Sky and all are satisfied too.

but without taking risk how we know who is better, same like Fiat - Maruti.

BTW - I dislike the TATA brand. :p
  8. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I will have to vote for Airtel for HD. I prefer the interface of TATA Sky. It is leaps and bounds better. Far more user friendly. However if you have a home theatre system which can decode Dolby Digital HD audio stay with Airtel. There seems to be bugs in the Tata Sky DVR for HD audio when connected to some receivers.

Also now Airtel has 11 HD channels, 2nd highest to only Videocon which has 12.

Edit: I almost forgot! My parents have 3 Tata Sky HD+ boxes. I have noticed that the quality of the HD channels in the last few months has drastically been reduced. They have reduced the bitrate by a lot to make space for more HD channels like Star Cricket and ESPN. Since Tata Sky has no more transponder space and not get any more until mid of next year.
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  9. paritosh

This is more Sky and less of Tata, so you could be ok there ;-)
    Pluses on Tata Sky is
    If you are planning to use a universal remote, than there is more compatibility for the sky boxes as they are documented.
    I am using a Sony Univ remote to control my Sony Bravia- Sky HD and philips dvd player. works like a charm for all the functionalities.
    I could not set the remote with Dish TV..
    The cust service is pretty decent - online as well as tel
    Extremely simple user interface. You wont fumble to figure out anything.
    -Less HD channels as opposed to Videocon and i think airtel as well.

Also as Amit suggested in the post above.. all is well till , unless you encounter an issue
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  10. ManUTDian

ManUTDian Amatore

New Delhi
    I have a Airtel IPTV. Can watch last 7 days program of all movie channels, ten sports, all the entertainment channels, cartoon channels, music channels, news channels, History and N.G.

with all the movie channels playing back last 7 days list, i feel like having a movie library at home.

no tension of reception due to weather.

plus 2 mbps broadband speed with unlimited download.