1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Best DTH Service!

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by pammuluvcars, May 16, 2011.

?

Choose the Best service provider

1. Reliance Big TV

2 vote(s)
    5.0%
  2. Airtel Digital TV

9 vote(s)
    22.5%
  3. Videocon D2H

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Tatasky DTH

21 vote(s)
    52.5%
  5. Dish TV

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  6. Sun TV

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Others - Please specify in your post

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  1. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    1080p is slightly superior to 1080i, which is being offered by all other operators. 1080i (interlaced) is the format recorded by HD cams and converted to 1080p (progressive). IIRC, Reliance beams in mp4 format so they can use more channels in given bandwidth. Whether it is 1080i or 1080p, if the frame rate is not 23.79fps and aspect ratio is not 16:9, you are not getting HD. Visually, 1080i and 1080p won't be any different on HD TV. If Reliance is saying all channels in 1080p, be sure it is upscaled.
    Last edited: May 26, 2011
  2. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    I know that kaps, but has anybody started using their sevices as I don't have an iota of faith in Ambanis.
  3. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    I was more interested in their IPTV service, but seems that did not take off.
  4. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Looks like everybody except Tata Sky would be offering even SD channels in upscaled HD. Guess stuck with Tata Sky for now.
  5. Guys,

Hope many of you here are using DTH services from one vendor or the other. Starting this thread so that we can discuss on it. This thread might help us to change to the best DTH provider at affordable cost.

I am using BIG TV from Reliance, Normal box [Not HD] and the service is quite okaish.

Setbox response time is dead slow and hangs if we change channels too fast. Have to hard reboot to make it working again.

Clarity: Ok but i hate the big logo of BIGTV, i have a CRT TV [LG 29''] probably switching to plasma this diwali.

Cost: 200 Rs per month with majority of English movie channels out

interactive services: not tried

Recharge: Easily done through net

Overall: Believe it to be cost effective
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Chethan bhai, a similar thread already exists!
  7. lets close this then, sorry!!!

Mods please close this thread

I actually searched this forum with the key word "DTH" but it did not give me any results
  8. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    We are using Dish TV for the past 5 years and switched to HD last year (SD still remains). Happy with the service but not the HD 'box. Hangs frequently and takes long time to boot
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    A similar thread on DTH is already there. I will merge it into this one. I am using Airtel DTH but think I will get something else if I am to use it with a 1080p Full HD.

Airtel DTH is best VFM.