1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Best DTH Service!

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by pammuluvcars, May 16, 2011.

?

Choose the Best service provider

1. Reliance Big TV

2 vote(s)
    5.0%
  2. Airtel Digital TV

9 vote(s)
    22.5%
  3. Videocon D2H

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Tatasky DTH

21 vote(s)
    52.5%
  5. Dish TV

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  6. Sun TV

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Others - Please specify in your post

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  1. M A N U

M A N U Amatore

Bangalore
    I have used tatasky and airtel each for a year.
    Tatasky is light years ahead of airtel in terms of service .
    Whatever you do , "PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM AIRTEL"
    lousy service , call center is a joke.It takes minimum of a week to get any issue resolved .
  2. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    Ooooo thank u Manu. I was considering TATA and AIRTEL.....Airtel is off the list now, and Dish TV got a place there.....
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have Airtel DTH at home. Basically, I had a regular cable connection at Rs250/month. They were offering DTH box+dish+installation with 1 year subscription for Rs2500. We thought that why not go for it instead of cable that given a picture quality of such average quality that you spend the entire time fine tuning the channels.
  4. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    I have just upgraded from tata sky regular box to the HD+DVR box and the quality is awesome... Tatasky cust care is just awesome and prompt...
    Annual mega pack (although a lil costly) is the thing to get when u get tata sky...

BTW the HD clarity is awesome....
  5. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    I would vouch for Tata Sky, Bought their Tata Sky+ package almost 8 months back and it's been excellent. Once the renewal comes up I will certainly get the TS HD PVR box. Their customer service is excellent as well.
  6. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Noida
    I have TATA SKY for more than 5 years and I have only one to describe it-"awesome!!"
  7. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    I have a Tata-Sky service running. It doesnt render too well in my Sony Bravia or let me put it like this - i have not yet found the right settings to get the optimum out of tata sky. I have been tinkering with it for a while now. Another issue for long was that there was no Tenaction +, now they have added it.(Channel - 418).
  8. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    More votes for TATA Sky.....great going guys.....

Hey clash, that means SONY LCD is not compatible for TATA Sky? Mine is SONY. FULL HD yea Bravia.....
    Last edited: May 17, 2011
  9. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    pammu, all DTH services are compatible with all TVs. Catch lies in what type of connection you get. If you go for a SD connection, picture will appear grainy on a full HD TV. If you are going for a HD connection, make sure that the set top box has an HDMI and digital audio (Co-axial) out in case you want to enjoy 5.1 sound from TV channels. Fact - no media house is recording programs in HD with dolby digital 5.1 amongst Indian channels as of now.
  10. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    @kaps, all the programs on Star TV are in HD & most of them are recording sound in 5.1 format.