1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Best DTH Service!

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by pammuluvcars, May 16, 2011.

?

Choose the Best service provider

1. Reliance Big TV

2 vote(s)
    5.0%
  2. Airtel Digital TV

9 vote(s)
    22.5%
  3. Videocon D2H

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Tatasky DTH

21 vote(s)
    52.5%
  5. Dish TV

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  6. Sun TV

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Others - Please specify in your post

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  1. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    Best DTH service in India

Halo guys. Please advice. Which is the best Dish TV service in India. If I should choose from Airtel, Tata Sky, Relliance Big TV and Sun Direct, which one should I select? Which is the best provider in terms of quality of picture and after sales service?
  2. its tata sky all the way.....
    it might be expensive..
    get the 5500rs. annual plan...
    it is worth the money.. i dont know about the hd services though
  3. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am one of the first 50 customers of Tata Sky (at least that is what they tell me) and I can vouch for their exceptional service. I have used all their products starting with the ugly silver coloured set top box, followed by the Black Tata Sky+ followed by the brilliant Tata Sky+ HD. I am a HUGE fan of their services and have never faced any problems. Their helplines are useful and if you register your account online, managing it is a breeze !! You don't even have to call the helpline.

Get the Annual Mega Pack. And if you have a HD TV and a home theatre : get the Tata Sky+ HD : it's worth every penny you pay.

I have also used Airtel (got it free with a Samsung LCD) and they were nowhere in comparison to Tata Sky.

Amogh
  4. I have Airtel Digital HD box with me. Though i am happy with the picture quality and the package, i am put-off with their lousy service. Its a pain to get a proper response or technician to come to your place incase of any problems.

HD channels are very few, hardly one or two.
    What i like that you need to use just one remote for the TV and the set top box.

My brother has Tata SKY and he is happy with their service. Picture clarity and sound quality is at par with Airtel. Package & channels are more than Airtel and they are quick to introduce new channels in their package.
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Airtel is the best of the lot.
  6. bnzjon
    except for ten action plus
    which they did not launch or must have been launched in this month.
    that channel is available with local operators for the past 8 months even
  7. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    More votes are going in favor of TATA SKY......when I checked their channels list, I thought Airtel gives more channels than TATA. Amogh, I have a Full HD TV 40 inches. But after seeing my friend's 32" I felt picture quality is more in smaller screen size, though mine is Sony FHD. Hmmm yea he is using TATA sky i guess. He was praising picture quality in TATA. Next time I will buy 30 or 32 only. Right now I have Sun Direct, which is crap. The only reason I bought SUN was it had all MALAYALAM channels, but thats it. My friends make fun of me when they come home. They cant watch cricket, music or hollywood movies. I am fan of Animal Planet/Discovery, AXN and HBO, though I hardly watch TV. But still let votes pour in.....thank you all guys who have already casted their votes.
    Last edited: May 16, 2011
  8. Rizzou

Rizzou

Hyderabad
    Tata Sky... all the way... the best have been using since 2 years now... no issues... best reception... and HD rocks, i am not a cricket fan still i enjoyed World cup Full HD no breaks it has the WoW factor.

Disclaimer: might vary from user to user, i am funny hehe.
  9. kailashnj

kailashnj Amatore

Mumbai
    Tata sky HD is the best, being using it since the world cup and I must say they are the best as far as the picture quality is concerned.
  10. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    I am using both Tata sky and Dish Tv. Tata sky is regular and dish tv is HD. Head to head, IMHO dish is better off with more number of channels and more HD channels as well. As of now, other than sports programming (international) nothing is truly HD but up-scaled mp4. Been using both of services for last four years and haven't found any reasons to complaint on service front from both of them. Tata sky web service is a bit more organised than dish as it is simpler to navigate. You will be able to realise the full potential of HD if you have 1080p or at least 720p TV. If you plan to use DTH on a CRT, don't waste money on HD boxes and package. I have found Tata signal disruption during rains to be higher than dish (probably because tata uses mp4 and dish uses mpeg2). In Kochi, during heavy rains also, dish disruption doesn't last for more than a few seconds. Another plus side to Dish TV is the FTA channels never go off the air, whatever your subscription status.

Coming to the user interface of the box, Dish is a little better as you can see the preview of channel while scrolling through the channel list (I am not sure if Tata HD has this feature, but airtel has it). Both have equally potent favorites, child lock features and reminders. On reminders through the service provider, Tata is more intrusive and keeps bombarding with messages which I personally consider spam. I hate that yellow letter shape staying on screen unless you have checked what is it. In dish, it flashes for 5 sec and is gone.

Dish being owned by Zee will have business clashes ( as was evident due to non inclusion of Neo Cricket, because chandra of zee had started ICL; similarly, Ten Sports is owned by Zee partly and ten action+ is not yet featuring on tata). Bottom-line, today's DTH service, highly competitive and you will stay committed once you have made a choice (till IPTV launches). Look who offers most channels at lowest price and buy that.