1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Best Driver's car

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by kedarbendre, Sep 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Polo should have been replaced with Figo... :confused:

Best Driver's Car :- My heart says Swift Dejjire.... :D
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    i agree!! it is indeed the best driver's (chauffeur's) car.. :) they just love it..
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  3. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Since when did ability to mask the speed became one of the factors in deciding if a car is FTD or not?
    if it were true,luxo barges like 7 series and S class,would be more FTD than Nissan 350\370Z and Porsche boxter's,No?
    1 person likes this.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    May be basic question,what is FTD ?
  5. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

In my dictionary
    FTD,would be sharp handling,good steering feedback,and brisk Acceleration.
    Punto has excellent steering feedback,handling\stability is also good,but when it comes to sharp inputs to the steering,competition does it better.Also talking of gearbox,its the overall gearing.Yes the Punto is good at masking speeds when compared to the swift,that is due to the European build,even a Polo is good at that,but this,does not contribute to FTD factor.
    2 people like this.
  6. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut
    so concluding brisk acceleration is the major factor for being best FTD?? or mean to say Punto cant handle as good as now when sharper input engines like 1.6MJD??
    1 person likes this.
  7. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Offcourse acceleration is a major factor.
    Did not get the 1.6MJD part,care to explain?
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    To maintain the masking speed with brisk acceleration... :confused:
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    with your permission i would add one more point i.e. braking.
    now i hope you would agree on the below points:
    1.handling: punto
    2.steering feedback: punto
    3.braking : punto
    4.brisk acceleration: 0-60 swift is better due to its lighter weight and to some extent gearing.
    but then RX100 will always leave a Royal Enfield behind at when starting from zero.

Although punto wins in 3 out of 4 points here i would still like to elaborate little more on the 4th point.

Beyond 60 punto will match swift in acceleration. the 20-80 figures of punto and swift are not different by much.

Beyond 100 we don't have figures mentioned anywhere so its upto what we believe. Once both are in 5th gear, difference in gearing goes out of picture. considering both cars have same engine (not considering 90 hp here) i assume swift will match punto upto speeds of 175-180, but only if its driver gets confidence to take it there. punto oozes this confidence into its drivers.

Note that in real life, handling and brisk speed are interrelated and go hand in hand because we do not drive on straight stretches like aircraft runways. Those who do are pilots and not drivers.
    3 people like this.
  10. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Swift does not lag behind in the handling department,it's body roll is similar to punto,its just that steering feedback isnt as good as Punto due to lack of HPS.
    And a real test would be a lap test,and i am pretty sure,in the hands of same driver swift will have better timings.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.