1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Best Car "Fiat Punto" rated by Autofin Service Manager "Maruti Dealer / ASS"

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by rakesh8051, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Mods: Pl keep this post in appropriate category, Not find the correct category.

Today i visited M/s Autofin Ltd, Bowenpally, Secunderabad for general checkup for my Maruti WagonR, I am planning to go Chennai and nearby total around 3000 KM.

Autofin was ranked the best service centre for Tata / Fiat cars by teamBHPian's. Now they are with Maruti, and offering there service. They called me several times for there services.

The setup huge big and nicely planned. after checkup my car we were chatting general talks with manager (due to Sunday, less cars on line), Autofin team enjoying my ICE & GPS setup. :)

I asked with manager (Nice gentleman) :

Q : Why you left TATA ?
    A : We are getting so much of car for service, even not having the place to keep. but our sales was very less, and management decided what to do or not.

Q : What is your feedback about Fiat Punto ?
    A : The best car, No one can make car like Punto. Solid body; Good handling; very silent car, features like airbag etc.; Truly imported car feel from Indian company; even my boss is having one.

Q : What was the problem than ?
    A : The Fiat people not interested to promote; You will not find road side service help; Not offering proper training to dealers; even very few expert in factory; Once the issue arrived; it is very difficult to manage; customers are shouting very hard to us on Fiat fault; you need to write to company "I am your customer" & need to approach to high levels. letters/ notice etc, than only your part will arrive. till customer fed up.

Maruti Cars having fiber body, you see after removing the bumper no protection etc. even Tata Cars have better body than Maruti. but Maruti have 11 years in row ranked No. 1 position.

They offered excellent service to me & my car.

After reaching home, I though why Fiat India doing like this when they have the best Multi Jet Engine, Good Car like Fiat Punto / Linea. Why they are killing own brand / products.

I compared the same when BSNL mobile started. They offered excellent tariffs, Excellent Network, No hidden charges, transparent billing. but not offering SIM Cards, booking for SIM cards ! वह भी लाइन लगा के !

After that, the call drop problems started. Interconnectivity issue, Good Network but you can't make calls like problems started.

why ?

one of my friend who is working with BSNL said ...
    Top level bribed well, thus you have to face these problems with BSNL.

So i think same with Fiat India. What you say...
  2. SunilFiat

SunilFiat Novizio

pune
    I totally agree. A nice cars in wrong people's (Tata) hand.

You ask any Fiat owner his first demand to Fiat will be Have your own Delear and service centers.
    I do not understand their policy. They are so old company in India and still have issues to setup their own setup.

How could one think that two competitors (Punto-Vista ; Linea-Manza) can go hand in hand.

Look at Toyota even the don't have own setup but at least they are with independent and dedicated Toyota Kirloskar Motors Ltd.
    Even VW has different setup than Skoda in India.
  3. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Thats some good information from dealer / service center perspective. And it shows what we have been reading in these forums are all true.
  4. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    I personally feel this is the total fault of FIAL team and then 2nd no. to Tata team.
    If your own team is not proactive, innovative, consistent why to blame Tata for that. Anyway they will try to use only engine and best manufacturing technology from FIAT. Who will like to sell FIAT car to customer if they can push him to Tata(where definately they will get more profit, more quantity, road presence and 01 customer added for at least 10 yrs) Its FIAT to "Take and Give" properly. In corporate world everybody is everybody's enemy. If you are fool, others will squeez you just like anything.
    So moral is work with tata but put dedicated team for Advt, sell and service. Get feedback after every week. Act /change policies accordingly.
    Still I am in confusion ? FIAL is inactive/dumb or FIAT, Italy is not allowing FIAL to do things as per their own decisions.??????????????
    Anyway whatever may be the reason both are suffering.
    p.s. If FIAT Italy is thiking that only engine sell is OK then they are living in own fool's world. The moment Maruti/Tata/cherovlet develop their own efficient diesel engines, What will be the fate of FIAT in India. King has to loose the kingdom and go back to Italy.
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2011
  5. basis

basis Amatore

Bangalore
    Fiat India Top management need to be changed.

Fiat should not depend on Tata.
  6. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Fiat is really a good car, but taken care by wrong hands
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Maruti will always go about with the begging bowl for diesel engines. Chevrolet have outsourced it to VM Motori of Italy and will stick to them i think.
    Only Tata seem to be a contender for developing quality diesels on its own ( Land Rover & Jaguar expertise can be made use of.)

FIAT will have an ace up its sleeve the day they have exclusive rights over the Multijet engine. This is what they need.
    The yet to be seen in India Multijet 2 is in a class of its own amongst economy sized diesel engines. Even Toyota's 1.4 D4D is outclassed , the 1.2 TDI by Volkswagen does not even deserve mention. ( I am and will always be a fan of Toyota's engines, but here it loses)

So , i reckon exclusive use of this engine is one of the things FIAT should look at, seriously.

Gurjinder.
  8. Gurjinder ji, you are die hard fan of Fiat.

see : this

and this
  9. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    One thing I personally feel is once a FIAT owner is less likely to move to another brands and FIAT should really understand this and act accordingly. It is the solid build, superb maneuverability etc etc which is still holding the FIAT lovers. If they could concentrate on other aspects like After Sales Service & Customer satisfaction, I bet there wont be other manufactures who could beat FIAT in this segment.
  10. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    You are right Cinju, If the fiat stands out with their own showroom and service then bet there is no other standing next to FIAT.