1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

BEST BLUETOOTH Enabled HU...Fitted on my Active 1.3

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by SHASHANKREDDY, Sep 26, 2011.

1. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ->I would rate Top class in Call Quality no issues at all, its very much audible with clarity.
    ->Sound quality ..though i am not music freak, i am comfortable with the sound.
    ->Variable Illuminations : Yes it has multicolor illumination : Blue, Green and Red.
    I strongly recommend for Active owners;-). Will never dissapoint with this product.
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    even i am using Sony MEX-BT3800U for more than an year now.. everything about it is good.
    Only things i wish it had are:
    1. phonebook download feature so that name is displayed when someone calls
    2. orange color display to match the dashboard lighting (it has blue color)
  3. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes Shams, several times i tried the phone book transfer option and certainly failed:mad:
  4. KayGeeFIAT

KayGeeFIAT

Chennai
    I've de-ICED and re-ICEd my Linea MJD Active. Main reason I did NOT go for Dynamic/Emotion was that I do NOT like Blue and Me. I got the stock HU (Blaupunkt) removed and got the following fitted:
    1. Blaupunkt - Toronto 410 BT
    2. BP Amp
    3. BP sub.
    4. The available tweeters were also brount in line.

Got this done at Radio Ware House Chennai -
    Awsome SQ of the combo. HU I would rate 7/10 (The SonyXplode MEX BT 3600 in my earlier car I'd rate 9/10 - narrowly missing 10 because it did not have the Phone book option)
    The BP Toronto 410 BT is quite good but the buttons are not so conviently placed. All functions work as they should. The voice clarity of built in mic is excellent.

Works fine (as advertised) with -
    * Iphone (both BT streaming and iPod mode thru charger/USB cable).
    * USB
    * BT HF - Nokia E63 including Phone Book download.
    * SD card (sits behind the face plate)
    * HF voice dial / speed dial
    * Name and/or number display of incoming/outgoing call

However one *glitch* I was told about AFTER fitment - I belive that the power to the HU bypasses the Ignition ACC and so even with Ignition device removed (we don't call it a KEY!!) the HU and Amp are powered up. HU can be switched off using the HU volume button, but amp would stay on (and drain battery!!). So they fitted a tiny switch in the dash (almost invisible) which disconnects power to HU and amp. Not sure if you guys faced this also?? Every time I leave the car I need to manually switch off the unit. But the settings/time etc are maintained so not a big deal.

Beleive it or not I found this glitch to be a boon rather than a bane - cos I'm usually in long call while driving and if I'm at a traffic signal and I switch off my engine (in my other car/Sony HU) the HU would automatically switch off after xx minutes and I would lose my HF ability. But with this 'jugaad' I can now peacefully switch off my engine and continue to talk withough worrying about losing BT HF!!

Note : I actually wanted to have a 2-DIN media reciever (like BP New York 800) fitted but this- I believe - involved cutting / carving up the dash somwhat - at which I balked. So stuck with 1-DIN HU.
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  5. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    I'm having an aftermarket HU as well along with amp but mine power off along with vehicle's ignition and that's how it's wired. I remember seeing the installer opening the ignition console and taping wires from it.
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Doesnt your aftermarket HU have a remote on amp connection? If it has there is no business of tapping ignition point to switch on and off the amplifier.
  7. KayGeeFIAT

KayGeeFIAT

Chennai
    The installer was an expert and I believe one of the few people who 'understand' the Fiat Lineas innards - Of course any Tom, Dick and Hari would be able to do installs, but they are liable to b****r it up. He did mention that he could route it throgh the ignition but it would involve opening up the console, steering column and also cutting stock wires and he himself suggested not to disturb/cut company wiring.

My amp does not seem to have a remote (I need to check box/manual whether one DOES come with the set) In any case I find the existing 'arrangement' quite to my liking so I can live with this. Only thing is that I should remember to switch off the HU/amp whenever I get out of the car!
  8. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Does the 926 BT has this? I remember this guy talking about voltage etc before doing the connection.
  9. KayGeeFIAT

KayGeeFIAT

Chennai
    Hee hee hee hee.. :uh I just checked out the manual and found that the 'remote' is not the thingy like you use to control the TV ::D :hit but a connection from a 'remote' place e.g Ignition switch which would power off the main supply to the amp! If the ignition wiring is 'tapped' and connected to the remote pin, then the auto off when ignition is off would work. But I guess the installer didn't want to do this as it would require cutting an ignition lead and patching it up. :A
  10. Umesh Prasad

Umesh Prasad

Delhi
    I have got Pioneer 8250BT in my punto active. I am very much satisfied with the sound, video and voice clarity. also with it have steering mounted remote from pioneer which allows me to change tracks/source, receive/disconnect calls etc.
    p4339f21.jpg P1020175.jpg
    3 people like this.