1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bellezza Italiana - Punto Sport

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by fire_blade, Jul 18, 2012.

1. @fire_blade::hey did you change your tyres??howz your beauty?how much on the odo?and 'kitna deti hai' till now??
  2. fire_blade

fire_blade

Dude i haven't changed the tyre. How about you? Odo is at 2333 now. Well "Kitna deti hai" is a concern, i get only 12-13 kmpl in bangalore traffic. My daily commute is 35 km and 90% of it is bumper to bumper traffic.

My driving style is generally spirited, once i tried driving moderately that time she returned 14kmpl. Let me know your millage figures also let me know whats your odo reading and hows the pulling in 2nd gear.
  3. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My Punto is about a month old with @ 1200 kms on Odo.. Mileage is same as you have quoted above and that too mine will be short distance driving in heavy traffic (5-6 kms only per trip). Use the massive low end torque of Punto and pulling will be good enough....
  4. fire_blade

fire_blade

When you say use massive low end torque, please elaborate how to make use of it. I am new to diesel engine and looks like i am missing out on some basics :)
  5. kvmoorthy

kvmoorthy

Bangalore
    I get an mileage of 13/14 in city and on highways I belive i get around 18. This is all with the AC operational. I am happy with the mileage. I have 4.5K on my odo reading.
  6. decyotz

decyotz Timido

Chennai
    I'm also getting a mileage around 14 in City & 19 in Highway. I tried limiting the speed around 80s in long drives which gives a 20+ mileage.
    I drove 1K km today in my Sport, overall mileage i got 19. Odo is 3.5K now. But I'm getting a Whish noise from wheel while driving. I not sure it is because of the tyre or due to some problems? Can anyone help?
  7. fire_blade

fire_blade

Even i observe the Road noise may be that's the reason people suggest for a tyre change. Also there is wind noise on highway have you observed the same?
  8. tyre noise will be present upto an extent,and only disturbing at higher speeds.(my michellins squeal,shriek at speeds above 140,maybe this speed will be less for other tyre manufacturers)And noise due to wind is due to the orvm,you can try folding them and check if there is any decrease in wind noise.
  9. decyotz

decyotz Timido

Chennai
    Nothing changes the Tyre noise even after folding the ORVM. As fire_blade mentioned need to change the tyres and check. Anyone has Bridgestone tyres in your puntos. I heard that it is the best. Any inputs ?

Has anyone changed the power of your Bulbs. The one that comes with punto is not So good in Highways. Which brand of High power bulbs brand one is the best Phillips or OSRAM ? Do we need any special circuiting if we install a high Watts bulb such as 120/100 W ?
  10. decyotz

decyotz Timido

Chennai
    Due to road noise i was looking to cange my stock tyres (Good Year). It has a good grip; but failing in delivering calm drive.
    After reading in several blogs; Changed my stock tyres to Michellin Primary LC (195x65), WoW what a comfort feel on the first ride after the tyres are set. It just glides in the road. But having a feel that a bit of grip on the tyre is lost. Gained comfort on hte cost of Loosing grip.

Anybody has thoughts on this ?