1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bellezza Italiana - Punto Sport

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by fire_blade, Jul 18, 2012.

1. fire_blade

fire_blade

@wolverine_arnab, I have got Good Year GT3 as stock. Does switching to Michelin will make lot of difference?

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

@wolverine_arnab, I have got Good Year GT3 as stock. Does switching to Michelin will make lot of difference?
  2. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    Michelin will definitely be more quiter..

But it has softer side walls..so if u drive on bad/narrow roads u have to think twice...

Also Michelins are costlier...

I have heard people say good things about Michelin XM2..

SO,its ur decision finally

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

Michelin will definitely be more quiter..

But it has softer side walls..so if u drive on bad/narrow roads u have to think twice...

Also Michelins are costlier...

I have heard people say good things about Michelin XM2..

SO,its ur decision finally
  3. Micheclins are excellent tyres,in my all the cars I have been using michelin till now.They are leagues ahead of any tyre from any tyre maker in terms of braking,stability,wet grip,and tyre noise is almost nil but the only drawback I find is that as it is made up of soft rubber it tends to get cut when on bad roads.:thumbs down(They last beyond 50000 kms,which is quiet good IMHO)
    If your drive consists of only highway runs and city runs I would reccomend you to go for michelin xm2,else you can try yokohama c drives,they are a bit hard but good for occasional offroading,and has almost all the fun of michelin with little higher tyre noise.

Choose wisely according to your requirements.

Note:If you are planning on exchanging the tyres now do it ASAP coz the more kilometers you add on the less the buy back value of your tyres.

BTW,how is your GT3 behaving?
    1 person likes this.
  4. decyotz

decyotz Timido

Chennai
    How about GoodYear tyres. I heard that it would be noisy and only last upto 30K kms. Is it true.

Also, find the photo of my new Black Punto Sport. 2.jpg
    7 people like this.
  5. fire_blade

fire_blade

I cannot comment on the tyre as I haven't driven a punto with a different setup.

But I never felt any issue with the grip, yeah but there is a significant noise on highways.

@decyotz
    Hey I was damn confused between black and red indeed your black beauty is stunning. Cheers!. I would suggest from my personal experience, have parking sensors installed and go for the FIAT Original accessory as it comes just with the buzzer(no frills :)). This hatchback is huge and in tight parking spots sensors are very handy and a scratch during initial days is heart breaking ;)

BTW guys I have crossed 2k Mark on odo and things have improved especially the second gear :)

I have an observation in my case, the performance has significant difference with and w/o AC. The power delivery is instant and the lag gets reduced w/o AC and it becomes more petrol like. Is that the case with other too?
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  6. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

delhi
    Fire blade is correct, get the sensors asap, mandatory for punto.

Never driven my ride w/o ac so can't comment but performance have definitely improved over the time.
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  7. asif

asif

Trivandrum
    ya the performance w/o AC is simply superb,just like petrol,its hard to find the lag and w/o ac in city mileage shown in MID is 18-19.
  8. decyotz

decyotz Timido

Chennai
    Thanks 'fire_blade'. Even I've noticed w/o AC giving good pickup.
    Man, but awesome to ride in city speeds not crossing 60. The ride is butter smooth; apart from less noise coming from the engine. Really an awesome Car.

I've driven almost around 1.5K km. Could anyone suggest @ what speed should i be travelling on a new car.
    I'm planning for a long trip after 2K km. What should be the speed to maintain ?
  9. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    @decoytz

Maintain around 100 till about 3K

Do not rev engine rashly...always rev up smoothly...no sudden rush...

You can try doing around 120 after 2,5K...

But after 3 K...you should be able to do lot higher...

All above based on my personal experience....with my 2012 FGP
  10. fire_blade

fire_blade

@decoytz

Please follow what experts say, I messed up once intially (odo @~1000km), i took her to 170 kmph. After that now i am careful and don't let the racer inside me to push her to the limits :p