1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Belissima Italian Vs Japanese Bishoujo Vs Indian Beauty: The two wheeled dilema

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by nibedk, Apr 13, 2015.

1. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @prabhjot .Thanks for the inputs. My wife is pretty tall for an Indian girl standing @ 5'6". We both have test drove all vehicles along with our daughter standing/sitting in the front. No issues at all with any of the vehicles short listed. If I had to nit pick I found the Wego a little tight for my liking but even that is pretty manageable. At least to the naked eye Vespa seems to be the least broadest but to my surprise we didn't have any issues at all. Honda had no such issues it being the broadest among the three.

Only concern is that Vespa being the most nimble one due to its size, geometry and with a smaller wheel dia I slipped once when I tried to turn it in the least possible distance. I guess its just getting used to a vehicle.
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @nibedk

the mrf tyres are pretty acceptably grippy, unlike the horrid TVS ones. If you get the Wego, be sure to change the tyres. A very tight turn, even a u-turn, can be done really very tightly with no throttle input at all, gunning it only out of 'the apex', as it were. It's that well-balanced, from side-to-side, doesn't even hint at tipping over unless it's at near-zero speed, and one leans...
  3. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

Well I had a very short experience on the Vespa to comment anything further. Regarding the Wego, it will ride and handle really well for a scooter, be niggle and rattle free, less on maintenance costs, in Pune we get 44-48 FE. Since it has been four years we often think of upgrade ( to Vespa purely on looks), but whenever I take the Wego out, the way it rides we shelve the plan of upgrade :)

My wife has a complaint though. The front bag hook below the handle on the Wego, has a very short space to hook a bag. So her Baggits & Hi Designs face problem of leather on the straps getting abrased/eroded.

I would say let your wife test ride both the Wego and Vespa whenever she can and see which one she is going to be comfortable with.
  4. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Finally we booked the Vespa VX and should lay our hands on it today.

The booking and buying experience was generally good.

We got all accessories free as a part of offer for this month.

We didn't take the Vespa helmet though as I do not find open faced helmets.

No doubt they look brilliant but in case of an accident they just do half the job. The chin area is not covered.

Instead we chose to get out motoscooter painted in dual color.

We chose a White one with dark blue being the secondary color.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 21, 2015 ---
    @kedarbendre
    @ghodlur
    @Pramod N
    @prabhjot
    @platinumshine

Thanks all for you inputs and thoughts which helped me in deciding.

Will be putting up an owneship thread soon
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
    platinumshine and prabhjot like this.
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Congratulations for your new Vespa. What is on road price.
  6. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @kedarbendre In HYD its 85 K including 9% Road tax + All Accessories + Helmet + Extended Warranty + Registration + Nil Dep Insurance( I took it from outside).
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @nibedk

That's a rather good deal. Dual tone, huh? Funky. Would love to see a few images of the beauty.

cheers