1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Beginning of a Torrid affair...the story of our Tjet

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by Volt, Nov 3, 2013.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    I meant the team with the Fiat dealer incharge of RTO/Insurance affairs who never ensure that the correct details are given to the RTO department. Happened with me and few of my colleagues who own a Fiat car, the RC had to be sent for changes/corrections.
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Got that. It happens not only with FIAT cars, but with most cars as the people at the dealership do not ensure the accuracy of details provided. Sometimes, it so happens that even though correct details are provided, the people at the RTO enter incorrect details. Attributing this failure to FIAT is unfair, IMHO.

Rajan
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  3. Volt

Volt Novizio

Mumbai
    @ghodlur, mchanna, thanks. Do I get in touch with the dealer or approach the RTO directly?

@Sujay, the run was done early Sunday morning with quite a light foot to see what efficiency she is capable of delivering. In 'normal' Mumbai traffic I am expecting between 10-11 km/l.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Get in touch with the dealer, let them sort it out with the RTO guys.

Rajan, Sorry if I have singled Fiat out. But my experiences are otherwise. Never encountered any need for RC changes for the cars I owned before. But strangely me & my friends (4) who own Fiat cars (bought in Thane, Mumbai atleast) had to visit the dealer again to get the RC details corrected. It also depends a lot of the attitude of the dealer who takes care of the RTO formalities, if they are good in their job & their equation with RTO officials there wouldnt be any RC entry errors.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Torrid, Tornado and Torrent all three related words for 3 dealerships, volkswagen and nissan included.
    The dealer has indeed chosen these words. :D
    1 person likes this.
  6. Volt

Volt Novizio

Mumbai
    @asimpleson, bang on! The owners of Torrid indeed have the Nissan and Volkswagen dealerships also. On a related note, I see quite a few Fiats in the western suburbs sporting the 'Torrid' service sticker. Hopefully they will move from the shared service space to their own dedicated facility soon!
  7. Volt

Volt Novizio

Mumbai
    It had been a while since the Jet went for a major outing. The last being the Mumbai TFI meet, if that can be called 'long'. Our annual trip to Kolhapur for darshan was also due and we decided to extend it by a couple of days and get a break from work as well. After a lot of back and forth which included Hampi, Amboli, Sawantwadi amongst other choices we chose this.
    IMG_1998.JPG
    And boy aren't we glad we did. This is a place close to Chiplun viz., Parshuram a village famous for its Parshuram temple. All the reviews on Tripadvisor showed a 5 star rating, which meant which couldnt go wrong.

First things first, the drive to Kolhapur went without a hitch with the car behaving impeccably. Her high speed manners are outstanding and I found myself breaking the self imposed limit of 100 kmph on a couple of occasions. At no point did I exceed 120 kmph as the car is still being run in. At 80 kmph, she is doing 1800 rpm in fifth, just at the beginning of her turbo zone. One prod and she would have shot ahead but I added one more word to my dictionary that day.

Restraint [noun] : Not burying the throttle in the car when everyone and his aunt are passing you on the expressway.

That day I was reminded of Oscar Wilde's quote "I can resist anything but ‚Äčtemptation" but resist I did. As I mentioned to @Lun@fiatic, this car has the potential to make sinners out of saints! It took all my will power to exercise the above mentioned restraint.

The NH4 past Pune isn't what it used to be but nothing that can't be comfortably dispatched by a Fiat. Post Satara however it is pure bliss.
    After darshan and a nice zunka bhakri dinner we were looking forward to the drive the next day. I wanted to take the Sakharpa-Pali-Ratnagiri-Chiplun route from Kolhapur, but Abhi, one of the owners of Dongarmatha (more about him later) told us to take the Karad-Patan-Chiplun route i.e. the Kumbharli ghat as that was more scenic. We did just that and here are a few pictures enroute.

IMG_1882.JPG IMG_1879.JPG IMG_1878 (640x480) (2).jpg IMG_1874.JPG
    After reaching Chiplun, we drove upto Parshuram, which is some 6-7 km from Chiplun. Dongarmatha is past the Quality Riverview Inn (what used to be the old Taj Riverview) and the last 150 m or so of the drive is a steep uphill unpaved road. A true test of driving skill but any Fiat would enjoy that challenge.

This is a resort which is a love of labour of three friends, Mangesh, Abhi and Chaitanya who are committed to being as close to nature as possible. The eco-resort lives upto its name with minimal use of concrete. It has bamboo walls with dung flooring (for want of a better word, I am not sure what 'saravne' can be called in English, I am sure most of us understand dung spread over flooring). The place is out of this world and sunrises and sunsets are almost magical. I wont write much on this, let the pictures do the talking.

IMG_2124.JPG IMG_2125.JPG IMG_1981.JPG IMG_1976.JPG
    To be continued.
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
    1 person likes this.