1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Became Punto Emotion-ed on 27th June 2012

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by punto_emotion, Jul 2, 2012.

1. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ I was apprehensive the moment I saw the way service guy struggle with alignment settings. And after taking the car's delivery, my apprehension came true. Wonder is it so difficult to get the alignment right at authorized SC. Many owners have similar complaint.
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    They pretty much struggle with everything. One of the foremost reasons, I am seriously contemplating going to a private garage - warranty be damned.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  3. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Since few days hearing a sound from rear left side. Its not exactly a 'thud' like suspension sound. Its more like a noise made by a cardboard. Initially had thought it might be parcel tray, but I doubt. The noise doesn't come while riding over a hump or a pot hole. Its mainly while riding over a rough patch. Its like continuous 'dab dab dab' noise. Like a heart beat :D Any idea what aspect to look at?
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Rainy season,full body water wash might help.
    1 person likes this.
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    check if the backrest of rear seat is properly locked. sometimes it gets unlocked and results in noise
    1 person likes this.
  6. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ganges, this is there at the back of my mind. Planning for the same soon. Lets see.

Shams, this was the first thing I checked. Recently, during second service, got it covered with a tape as well. Also, if this were to be the case, sound shouldn't have appeared when rear seat is occupied.

Shall double check the fitment of parcel tray once more. May be a broken clip!
  7. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    In my car, the hazard triangle used to vibrate and create a feeble noise.
    Check the seat belt buckle which sometimes may vibrate over the plastic panel and create noise.
  8. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys, here is an update - last weekend before heading towards Mysore, decided to visit Harish of Pride Cars for general pre long drive check up. Told him about the noise from rear left wheel as well. After a short test drive, he immediately concluded its from the suspensions only. It was a case of wrong threading of lower arm suspension bolt. Not sure how did this happen. Was it in that state from the time it left factory! He suggested replacement of the same for peace of mind and refitted the bolt. The irritating noise is gone for good and car was super silent during the entire drive (@500kms). Now, the challenge is to make the FASS understand the issue.

Also, showed him the brake pads condition. Am still running on stock 2012 model pads and hav done @17.5k kms. It looks good for another 2k kms. So, thinking of visiting FASS after covering another 1k kms to get the pads replaced and to get the rear left suspension bolt issue resolved.

@ Sat, thanks for passing on contact details. It was really helpful.
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Dont even let them know,for your safety of warranty issues in future.
    1 person likes this.
  10. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    So after driving for @ 19k kms, last weekend changed the original set of brake pads at Vecto motors. Could have pushed the pads for another 2k kms or so but went ahead for peace of mind and left brake pads had worn out faster.

It was nice catching up with Krishna & Mohan KV at Vecto. Over all was quite satisfied with the experience at Vecto. The place was crowded and couple of SAs were on leave due to festival but the staff at Vecto were trying their best to attend to customers quickly. Was done with the brake pad change work in less than an hour and the service floor folks checked all fluid leves, though I dint insist on the same. It was a feel good factor for the customer.

Sent from my Lumia using Tapatalk

WP_20130911_001compressed.jpg

WP_20130911_002compressed.jpg
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
    1 person likes this.