1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Became Punto Emotion-ed on 27th June 2012

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by punto_emotion, Jul 2, 2012.

1. You brake pads still have half life left.
  2. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Kiran, thanks for the wishes.

Sat, thanks for the advice. It came at right time as 15k service is in progress now :up
  3. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Another milestone, another update, another happy experience with Fiat

Completed 15k kms happy kms with my Punto last week. So it was time to give her the much needed rejuvenation - 2nd service. Took an appointment with KHT well in advance and have to say that over all the experience was quite good. Here are the details -

Preferred to get the service done on a working day. So took couple of hours permission and reached the service centre @ 8.45 am (its @ 28 kms from my place and I always prefer to drop the vehicle myself and pick it up too). Mr. Shivaram, the service in charge and other Staff started arriving by 9 am and immediately attended to my car. Told Shivram that I would wait till the service is over and take the car. Considering this request, the car was ready by 11.45 am! I had said no to washing. Hence opted for only interior polishing. Here are my ratings -

a) Time taken to attend the customer - 9/10
    b) Time taken to finish the work - 10/10
    c) Accuracy of estimate given - 9/10
    d) Facility at the service station - 7/10 (Card facility yet to be installed)
    e) Over all experience - 9/10

Service cost details - Regular service cost - Rs. 5,555. Replacement of Reverse lamp and AC cleaning (which could have avoided, but said yes) - Rs. 1,814. Here are the break up -

a) Engine oil (3.2 ltrs) - Rs. 1,816
    b) Oil Filter - Rs. 358
    c) Air filter - Rs. 296
    d) Fuel filter - Rs. 1,665
    e) AC pollen filter - Rs. 174
    f) Screen wash - Rs. 85
    g) Rear bumper lamp - Rs. 665
    h) Labor charges for the above - Rs. 450 (felt touch on higher side)
    i) Wurth AC cleaning (optional) - Rs. 700
    j) Consumables - Rs. 250 (Debatable)

Over all was happy with the service cost as well. I would like to thank the staff of KHT service staff for making over all service experience a pleasant one.

Service cost till date - Rs. 0.38 / km. Fuel cost till date (assuming 16 kmpl avg mileage & Rs 52 as avg diesel price over last year) - Rs. 3.25 / km

Few pics -

WP_20130701_001.jpg

WP_20130628_001.jpg

WP_20130628_003.jpg

WP_20130628_004.jpg

WP_20130628_006.jpg
    9 people like this.
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    So roughly how many hours was estimated for you? Is there a waiting lounge to wait for so much hours?
  5. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ Since I din opt for car wash and I preferred to wait to take the delivery. I was quoted @ 2.5 hours. Yes there is a customer lounge to relax. Best part is you can view your car getting serviced from the waiting room.
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
  6. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    @punto_emotion: The spare pricing is confusing. Did you include VAT?

I had my Punto 1.3 MJD serviced last month at Vecto and following are the spare prices after suffering VAT. Mentioned KHT's charges in brackets.

Engine oil 3.2 litres - 1521.73 (1,816)
    Oil filter - 411.00 (358 - maybe excl VAT)
    Diesel filter - 2050.00 (1665)
    pollen filter - 199.00 (174 - maybe excl VAT)
    air filter - 340.00 (296 - maybe excl VAT)

Regarding the windscreen washer, I'm sure I had a full tank when I gave for service, yet I was charged full amount. Didn't make much issue out of it as I had something else to fight for. Probably, they have a standard set of copy-paste charges without looking at what got replaced actually.

250 rupees for consumables is way high.. Vecto charges 150 rupees. Why not add a list of consumables and charge us?

Is the price difference due to sourcing of spares from different vendors? do they?
  7. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^

Attaching the Service bill for your reference. Sorry if the pic isnt clear as it was shot with my mobile. Regarding few miscellaneous charges, one cant avoid. Irrespective of manufacturer, this happens. For eg, when I leave my Alto for service, they do charge Rs. 30 or 40 as windscreen washer fluid. At Fiat FASS am ensured that quality product goes in to my windscreen washer tank. Brand is specified in the bill which does not happen in MS invoice; at least at the service station where I go.

All I need is trouble free and good service experience. But yes, as a customer we do have every right to get the amount charged clarified.

WP_20130708_002.jpg

WP_20130708_003.jpg
  8. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Except for the oil filter, part code is different for everything else.
  9. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Another visit to Madhu's alignment - During my 2nd service, I specifically told the service guy not to carry out alignment and balancing. But for some reason SA was bent on doing atleast the alignment and was in no mood to argue. Result -after taking delivery of the car, within couple minutes realised that they have messed up with the alignment which was perfect earlier. The steering was just not itself, was acting weird and giving slight vibrations. Due to work, couldn't visit the trusted Madhu's for couple of weeks and anyways was driving within the city, so decided to wait. Finally last week got the alignment corrected and Bingo! Steering was back to its best. Over the weekend, drove the car on highway and steering was rock stable even beyond 120 kmph. No vibrations what so ever. A lesson learnt in the end!
    1 person likes this.
  10. I don't know , why these SA's want to carry out the alignment even though they don't match up to Madhu's