1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Became Punto Emotion-ed on 27th June 2012

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by punto_emotion, Jul 2, 2012.

1. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ Sorry Sat, I would have loved to put a TL. But it was a casual visit and did not visit any tourist places. So no pics as well. It was a trip to enjoy my Punto on a highway, relax at my inlaw's place and to enjoy the delicacies of Davangere - Butter masala dosa, Mirchi bajji and Mandakki (bhel puri type snack out of puffed rice) :D

The only experience to share was driving with Audi Q5 which I have shared in above post (post #48)
  2. I had similar experience to share , I was driving on Hassan road was testing the gains in top end after a remap,over took a Range Rover 5.6 lts super charged SUV!! but with no intention of insulting it.
    Man he came from back matched my speed of ~180 Kmph(on oDO) and took off as though my car is standstill, I guess he touched 220 kmph was slowing down when ever there slight hint of curves that's where My car would again get closer. this continued for about 50 kms. we both were in different lanes and road allowed us to do it.But I wouldn't recommend doing it as it can be very dangerous in our part of the world.
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks to 2 notorious elements on the road - autorick & a two wheeler, my Punto ended up with a scratch and damaged reverse light :A How it happened? - My wife was driving and we were approaching a round about in moderate speed. From no where an auto guy lands right in front of us from the wrong side. He choose the wrong side of the road just to avoid the round about :evil: So my wife had to slam the brakes to avoid a head on collision and as usual a 2 wheeler was tailgating our car so close that he dint brake in time and rammed the rear bumper!!

Result:
    a) A scratch on the rear bumper
    b) Misaligned reverse light, hence reverse light is not working. But am not getting a bulb failure indicator on MID. Does it show only when a bulb is blown?
    c) Broken rear reflector
    d) Most important - A dent to my wife's confidence to drive in this mad city traffic. Just when she was getting comfortable driving Punto in the city, this incident had to happen :(

Adding to the frustration, a traffic cop was standing by the roadside and was witnessing the whole incident just like a statue! Right in front of him, the auto guy merrily entered the road in wrong lane and managed to continue his ride. :A The only saviour was Fiat's build quality! Initially considering the impact sound, I thought would suffer a major dent. But ended up with a scratch. Here is the pic

E5 Image853.jpg
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Bad luck, but don't get disheartened, these things are unavoidable and do happen. Make sure your wife doesn't feel bad about it. It happens with everybody.

Now scratch is minor and should go with some good rubbing compound, go to some body detailer or 3M, they should remove it.
    Unfortunately seems you need to change the rear fog assembly, its not costly, get it changed.
    2 people like this.
  5. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Ravi for your words & advice! Yeah you are right and since she is aware of my passion towards Fiat & Punto, she was all the more feeling bad. Anyways, these things are better forgotten.

Shall check the rear lamp assembly and update.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    punto_emotion
    i read sayings always on highway board like "Nazar Hati toh Durghatna Ghati" now in your case its reverse :) due to that traffic violation from autowala(common everywhere)
    May be kisiki nazar lag gayi hon...
    Visit to TASS and get it resolved.
  7. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I guess this is always true with Puntos & Linea :evilsmile Once in a while I feel its better for every Fiat owners to do 'nazar utaar' for their rides! Am tied up with few things, so not sure whether can visit TASS immediately. For a while this spot will be 'nazar utaar' to my car to ward off evil stares :evil:
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  8. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    A small update - The car is nearing 10k kms mark and there is a long drive planned shortly. Hence took the car for Alignment & Balancing to Tyre Professionals, Kanakapura road (Bgudi). Over all cost was @ 740 Rs. I did not go for rotation this time as the present set of rear tyres experienced slightly more wear and tear while being used as front tyres during initial 5k kms. Might be because of initial alignment issues! Should have checked the alignment immediately after delivery. But there were no pulling issues, hence ignored. Shall do the rotation after another 2k kms.

Here are the pics of tyres. Seeing the condition, will it last for another 10k or 15k kms? :confused:

E5 Image854.jpg

E5 Image856.jpg
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i cant see any wear & tear in your tires... can you please higlight it if time permits...
  10. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ Ganges, I was referring to the horizontal 2 parallel minor tread patterns circled in the below pics. The one circled in green looks quite ok whereas the one cricled in red has almost vanished. I have observed these minor patterns of GT3 on other vehicles (Puntos, Innovas etc) are little more predominant than mine. Hence was the concern.

E5 Image854.jpg
    1 person likes this.