1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Became Punto Emotion-ed on 27th June 2012

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by punto_emotion, Jul 2, 2012.

1. swgaan

swgaan Amatore

MH-46
    Panvel, Maharashtra
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hear I would like to share my exp. as well, My punto have clocked 22k in 7 months, and i also found the same Tyre trade issue, then the SA at the FIat authorized service center explained me that, due to more steering of front wheels compared to rear, the trade of tyre gets worn out on the outer edge, hence it is recommended to have a tyre rotation done at proper interval, (what is the time to change the tyre our experts will guide us, but for me i guess after 60,000 KM we should change the tyres.)

About Oil, in Diesel engine if we change the oil and run the vehicle for say 400-500 km and then if you check the visibility of engine Oil it will look like as black as it looks after the 15k km. so its Ok, if you are using Fully Synthetic oil. then no problem in changing at an interval of 15k Km and if you are using semi-synthetic oil then it will be better to change after 5-7k KM.
  2. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ swgaan, Thanks for sharing your experience. Yeah, as of now am following tyre rotation policy at every 5,000 kms and constantly monitoring the tyre wear pattern. Btw, 22k kms in 7 months is some serious running my friend. Wow! :clap
  3. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Another small milestone - Guys couple of days back completed 8,000 happy kms with my Punto in @ 6 months of its delightfull ownership :clap Unlike other cars, in case of Punto; day by day my love & respect towards her is growing. As case with any other Fiat owner, received the honor from my wifey as to 'Your GF Punto gets pampered more than me' :evilsmile :drinks But, my Wifey also loves Punto as much as I do but she doesnt express to play safe ;)

E5 Image836.jpg

Btw, I had the same query that I raised few months back. Below is the my tyre wear & tear pattern. Can someone help me by answering following queries -

a) Is the tyre wear & tear ok for 8k kms? (Note: this tyre served as front tyre for first 5k kms and since then its on the rear)
    b) Why is the smaller pattern line on the outer portion is worn out more than the patterns on the inner portion? Is it abnormal to worry about?

E5 Image837.jpg
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  4. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    first visit tyre alignment center & check out the alignment & balancing too.
    If required do the tyre rotation also. make a habit or schedule for this after every 5k kms. Or your car is pulling on left or right on straight roads....
  5. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ Rishi, I have done tyre rotation, tyre alignment & balancing at 5,000 kms. Have already planned the same again at 10k kms.

Touchwood, till date have not faced any issue of car pulling towards one side, Sterring wobble, Vibrations at highspeeds etc. None!

No noise from the suspension as well but at times I get a thought is it a suspension related issue because I remember thomman85 mentioning about the same in Tyre related thread ??? :confused
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    punto_emotion
    as such there is no problem with your ride with that tire worn from outer side,then lets create a problem with few swap & rotate.
    Ask the tire wala to fit and remove the tire from the alloy wheel such a way that the worn out goes inside and the good one comes outside,there is no problem in doing this as we are having symmetric pattern tires.
  7. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ Ganges, thanks a lot my friend for your suggestion. It really gave me peace of mind as am going on another long drive tonight :)

Bingo! You spoke my mind. This is what I was thinking. No wonder Fiatians think alike :drinks
    Thanks Ganges once again!
    1 person likes this.
  8. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Another experience to rejoice in Punto - Last evening (4th Jan) decided to drive down to my inlaw's place, Davangere (on NH 4, 280 kms from Blore). Like other Fiat owners, I was waiting for some 'bahana' to do a long drive. :cool: Started around 5.30 pm from my office (UB City) and took about an hour to hit NH 4.

After crossing Tumkur, an Audi Q5 flashed light for way; with due respect to this beast allowed him to pass but then suddenly the Fiatian inside me woke up. Thought why not drive with Q5 for a while, obviously did not act foolish trying to overtake him as few Swifts did :evilsmile

Next 30 kms was pure nirvana with my Punto. I was so damn surprised for Punto's capabilities yet again. I could consistently trail him within close distance. Couple of times, he looked at me little surprised. Probably he was thinking which is this car that is doing 140s - 150s in turns and trailing his Q5 so closely :D People should be knowing that after Tumkur there are few deviations on NH4 due to road work. In these stretches, he was unleashing Q5's 3 Ltr diesel mill fully. Boy-o-Boy, its acceleration from stand still was a sight to see and was pulling easily away from Punto. Once in 3 digits speeds again I could catch up with him and was enjoying Q5's double silencer imposing rear view from Punto's windscreen :up After about 40 kms switched back to Sedate driving mode and let Q5 disappear from my eyes.

Btw, my Punto once again bought me to destination Davangere safely at about 9.45 pm :clap
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  9. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ Hi guys, back to Blore from one more weekend trip. Bangalore - Davanagere - Bangalore. Sorry no pics to post as did not venture out anywhere.

Highlight of the trip - Set a personal record during return trip: 300 kms non stop in 3 hrs 45 mins flat out. Courtesy: Punto :dance
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  10. Where is the travelogue?