1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Became Punto Emotion-ed on 27th June 2012

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by punto_emotion, Jul 2, 2012.

1. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    @punto_emotion

You mentioned you work at UB city...I come there almost every day in the evening....around:7pm

Your car looks damn good...lets see if we can meet up some day

DO not miss "Hebbe falls" on ur trip to Kemmagundi
  2. where will i get these new type mudflaps in mumbai??????? I WANT I WANT IWANT!
  3. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Just back to my inlaw's place (Davangere) after a wonderful trip to Chikmagalur and Kemmangundi. As usual Punto was brilliant :clap

Wow! Yeah, my office is at UB Tower. Definitely we will catch up an evening :up I shall PM you my contact details.

Had to skip Hebbe falls due to time constraint. Visited Kalathgiri falls and Mullayyanagiri (Highest peak in Karnataka)

Haa haa, this was my reaction too when I saw the abosulte edition mud flaps for the first time. Check with your Fiat dealer or Mumbai TFIans should be surely able to help you.

Btw,

Here are couple of teaser pics from Chikmagalur tour :)

IMG_6410.JPG

IMG_6464.JPG -
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
    3 people like this.
  4. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I did get my Punto treated at Car Care India (RV Road, VV Puram), authorized Sonax people. Have to admit that people here really know the stuff relating to painting. They talk sense and are much knowledgeable. Mr. Suresh of Car Care India has been in this field for more than 20 years. Here is their website - Car Care India (CCI)

The following detailing procedures were performed -

a) Exterior paint protect and paint sealant
    b) Interior cleaning and protection for fibre parts
    c) Engine bay cleaning
    d) Tyre care
    e) Rubber beadings protection

Total cost for the above work came to @ 5k and I was totally satisfied with the quality of work

E5 Image783.jpg
    E5 Image784.jpg
    E5 Image786.jpg
    E5 Image791.jpg
    E5 Image797.jpg
    2 people like this.
  5. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Friends, my Punto is @ 8,000 kms on the ODO. So since few days, thought of oil change is lingering on my mind. If not immediately, atleast at 10,000 kms mark instead of waiting till 2nd service. What do you people suggest? Should I go for oil change when I near 10k mark for a healthier engine ??
  6. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    I was thinking about same...but I checked with multiple people in multiple dealers..they said its not an absolute MUST..

So I waited and got my servicing done @13,000 instead...
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    why you want to change @10000Kms ? its nowhere mentioned in the Manual.
    i would suggest wait till second service as the engine oil 5W-40 can withstand more than 15K Kms
  8. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    There are 2 schols of thought:

- Engine oil change at 15,000 kms as scheduled by Fiat. Nothing wrong in that.

- Engine oil change at 7-8K kms. This would be additional to what is scheduled at 15K kms

If you want to go for additional engine oil change, it's better to do it now at 8,000 kms. If you do it at 10,000 kms, in any case again you've to do it at 15K kms.
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    If he do it at 10K I don't think it is going to be affect the warranty if it is entered in his service record.
  10. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ puntosat, Ganges, VahanPujari & Sun, thanks for the info :up