1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Became Punto Emotion-ed on 27th June 2012

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by punto_emotion, Jul 2, 2012.

1. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi guys, I need your help / thoughts on my tyre patterns. Please find below pic of front tyre after running for @ 5,500 kms. Kindly note the circled areas, does the outer portion of tyre appears to have worn out more than the inside ones?
    This pic was shot before I went in for tyre rotation. Recently have got done both - alignment and balancing. Neither TASS nor the Tyre Professionals feel anything abnormal about the tyres! But this is been going on in my mind as I have to go on a long drive next week!

Or am I over reacting ?? Please suggest!

PS: I have been maintaining standard 32 psi !

E5 Image766.jpg
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  2. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Friends, can anyone please advice on the above issue ??? :confused
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Seems Ok to me, go to long drive and check again after 5K or so.
  4. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ Ravi, thanks for clarifying :up Yeah as suggested will keep a check ! I just wanted to rule out any suspension / Shockers related issue.
  5. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Gifted by Red hotty Absolute edition mud flaps & door sills

Much awaited accessories for my hotty were installed finally :dance Called up Prerana accessory guy (Lalbagh road) and told him that I would need quick job as I was going in btw my office hours. It was really a quick job done! Finished everything within half an hours time.
    Thanks 'addy' for pointers. Cost: Mud flaps- Rs 899. Door Sills - Rs.402

Here are the pics -

Door sills

E5 Image775.jpg

Mud flaps

E5 Image779.jpg

A Comparison

E5 Image774.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
    7 people like this.
  6. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    You were asking about this to addy a couple of hours back and now you have it installed. GREAT! :)
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Cool. The sill guards were given to me free along with the car and I got these mudflaps installed during first free service on 1st Dec. Karthik of Prerana Motors, Lalbagh Road was kind enough to ship them to their Kudlu Gate workshop for me :D

Rajan
  8. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Haa haa! Thats the love for our rides, we Fiat owners have. Immediately told my manager about it & slipped away during lunch break to get this work done.Thank God, my manager is also a car freak. So he understood my urgency! :evilsmile

Thats a nice gesture from Prerana !

So now! I have interacted with 3 Service centres. Aadya, KHT & Prerana. Till date my experience with all the three has been top notch :up
    1 person likes this.
  9. addy

addy Amatore

Bangalore
    That was fast!!!:-D The picture with the old mudflap and the new one really says it all. The old one was really crappy. What made it even crappier was that they had to drill holes into the body to fit those.
    1 person likes this.
  10. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    A small update:

Tomorrow am driving down to Davangere (NH 4) and from their to Kemmangundi, Chikmagalur :clap Hence wanted to get a general pre long drive check done. Called up Mr. Suresh (Service GM at KHT) last evening and told the requirement. Happily he agreed and asked me to come today morning by 9.30. Reached KHT service at the scheduled time and Suresh attended my car immediately. Had to rush back to my office (UB City which is @ 20km from KHT). He ensured that the under bonnet check ups were done promptly and he insisted the service technician to check tyre pressure as well.

I was not charged anything for the entire process though I told Mr.Suresh to charge as per their scheduled rate. The process was completed in @ 20 mins and drove away with peace of mind and a smile :)

Will post the Chikmagalur pics and travelogue next week.