1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Became Punto Emotion-ed on 27th June 2012

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by punto_emotion, Jul 2, 2012.

1. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    A Weekend Bliss: Drive from B'lore to Sakaleshpur (Western Ghats)

Hi guys,

Its my pleasure to share a travelogue recently undertaken in my beloved new ‘Red hotty’.

Place Visited: Sakaleshpur [The town is in Western Ghats It has a temperate climate. Coffee, cardamom, and pepper grown in surrounding villages are brought to Sakleshpura for sale. The town lies on National Highway 48 which connects port city of Mangalore with capital city of Karnataka]

Stayed at: Rottikallu resorts - offered superb food, good location in the nature's lap, courteous service.

Duration: Sat early morning departure nd Sunday night back home.

Kms cherished: @ 550 kms

Rides: Red hotty (Punto) & Snowwhite( Alto k10)

Road condition: NH 48 – very good uptill Hasan. Later on till Sakaleshpur, it was a 2 lane but good roads. Last 8 kms towards Resort was absolutely off-roading experience! Punto took what ever was thrown at her at ease. Be it the cruiser highway or the offroading!! I realised the true potential of this beauty on the highway! Its a pure bliss to ride her; epecially at high speeds. Oh! The steering feedback just amazed me – even @ 165 kmph it just obeys your order precisely. Rock solid (please note that this speed was achieved on a clear 2 kms stretch with hardly no vehicles just to feel the car. Drive safe). The amazing GC of 2012 Punto was put to full test while off-roading with 4 people on board & luggage. The road was full of slush, rocks and loose gravel. The under engine metal protection surely added to peace of mind while moving over these bad pathes.

Enough of texting, let the pics do the talking now<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

1.jpg

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.JPG

17.JPG

18.JPG

19.JPG

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG

12a.JPG

13.JPG

1.JPG

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.JPG

7.jpg

8.JPG

9.JPG
  2. geek4u

geek4u Timido

Bengaluru
    Punto in nature's lap.. great pics and i could feel .. u must have loved the journey.. nice travelouge
    1 person likes this.
  3. Congrats for your Punto ! Welcome to the Red Punto owner's club :)
  4. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Time to celebrate 5k mark!

So guys, achieved the first milestone with my Red hotty - completed 5k mark without realizing how the time flew with Punto! So, it was time to give my hotty first service. Booked appointment with KHT Motors for last saturday (3rd Nov) and then kept Adit posted. Mr. Suresh (GM-Service) from service got in touch with me and was really helpfull through out. I had requested for the first available slot and insisted that I will wait till the service is through because getting back to my place (Basavanagudi) from KHT doesnt make sense as it is @25 kms!

I was at KHT on the appointment time (9am) and as promissed, my car was attended to promptly and Ms. Suresh himself supervised the whole service. Being the first service, there were no specific problems to attend but I asked them to get the wheel balancing done along with alignment. Hence overall bill came to @ 700 INR (bill attached). The service was quick but some time was lost out in wheel alignment and washing due to heavy saturday rush! But waiting room was neat and comfortable. The best part of it was I could see my beauty while the service technicians attended it.

I wanted to fix Absolute Edition mud flaps and door sills. But the accessories werent available. Was told that it would be in stock in couple of weeks time.

My car was finally ready by @ 12.30-1 pm. Thanks to KHT team for a nice experience, especially to Adit and Suresh.

E5 Image755.jpg

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  5. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

Chennai
    Excellent pics. I am waiting for my Red Punto Emotion. So close yet so far!
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Wonderful pictures there. Really enjoyed it.
  7. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks geek! Yeah it was a great drive as it was mixed with speedy highways and narrow roads close to nature.

Thanks buddy!

Thanks! Hope you get behing the wheel of your Red hotty soon. Congrats and all the best :up

Many thanks Rajn for liking the pics!
  8. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Friends, I somehow missed opting for Extended Warranty at the time of purchasing the car. During first service at KHT, checked for the same. Have got a quote of @ 6,500 INR. I believe there are different slab rates if taken within 3 months of purchase, beyond 3 months etc.... Any thoughts on the same would be welcome :up
  9. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey guys, based on inputs from TFI friends got tyre rotation done at Tyre Profesionals, Basavanagudi. Thanks to wolverine_arnab for the help. Odo stands at @ 5,300 kms now and here are the state of tyres -
    E5 Image759.jpg
    E5 Image760.jpg
  10. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Friends, any thought on the condition of my tyres @5,200 kms ??