1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Became Punto Emotion-ed on 27th June 2012

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by punto_emotion, Jul 2, 2012.

1. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Blinking odo (occasionally), Air bag failure warning, Longer time to crank. Associating all these symptoms to dying battery. Thinking of replacing the stock (2.5 yrs old) with Amaron 55AH battery Flo.

Few queries:
    Is it better to procure online or at the store? How is the service at battery bhai.com? Price quoted at Battery bhai is Rs.4900 (After old battery exchange)
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Amaron Flo is good you can see the above mentioned change at immediate effect.First thing you will like is the engine kick start at first crank.Car will be more quick.
    I have changed my battery by going to the shop as we don't have service from batterybhai.
    4900inr is a good deal.Go ahead.
    punto_emotion likes this.
  3. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Recently one of my colleague shopped at the Chinese Ecom giant 'Aliexpress' site. So, out of curiosity, was surfing the site and got smitten by the Fiat bug :D Below is the bug (Fiat tyre valve caps):

IMG_(1)5847.JPG

IMG_(1)5850.JPG
    aashish_19 and pabhishek like this.
  4. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    They are looking kinda cute:D
  5. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Another small milestone. 40k kms of pure joy with this beauty and even today she brings smile on the face with just a glance of hers;)

Sight_2015_04_18_074233_438.jpg
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Maintenance update:

Had been to Vecto for pre long drive inspection. During the same, SA told me that brake pads and the disks have worn out and needs replacement. Odo stands @ 40,200. First brake pads replacement was done at @17-18k kms on the odo. So, this set of brake pads have lasted @22k kms. It had @500-1000 kms life in it. In past one year, my drives have been predominantly city ones. Guess, Blore traffic has taken a toll on Punto's brakes. Along with it replaced the wiper blades (1,400 Rs) as the performance had gone down.

Total bill was 8,800 Rs (Brake pads+Disks+Wiper blades+Coolant top up+other fluids check+air filter & pollen filter cleaning+labor)

Btw, while engaging reverse gear, there is a grinding noise noticed. If I slot the gear to any of the forward moving gears and then move it to reverse slot, it works fine. No indication of clutch hardening yet. But, SA straight away concluded the clutch needs to be replaced. Before going ahead wanted to be doubly sure whether replacement is really needed.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi,
    You changed brake disks as well ? thats strange so early,can understand about brake pads.Whats the cost of brake disks ? i'm due to change it.Compared to my punto which is of mostly highway drive showing the signs(not 100%) of clutch hardness,so i believe another 20K Kms you can run with the same clutch.

My bro bought the second hand Tata Indigo Manza of 2010 Model with 40,000Kms on ODO,it has hard clutch system,hence when enquired with service centre they replied Clutch has to be changed,we agreed on it as spare was not available have to place the order and we plan to visit next week.During this week i abused the car alot by frequent changing the gears.Wonderszz, the clutch hardness have gone.Done with 2000Kms trip twice.Clutch is fine and good working condition.
  8. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    During my previous visit only SA had mentioned about disk wear and tear. Had pushed it for few thousands kms. Brake pad contact area of the disk had worn out as per SA (will show the old disks to a known local mechanic and get it confirmed). Did not have much time to ponder as highway trip with family is coming up, hence changed the same. As per them, brake disk life is @40-45k kms if predominantly used in city traffic. Need to vouch the same with experience of other members.

Disks cost @2,200+Labour {Labor for brake pads + disk change is @ 750)

Thanks for the info. I know your Punto is lucky to be on highways all the time :p My Punto has to under go city start stop abuse for @ 45kms per day.
    Ganges likes this.
  9. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Recommendation for Disk change is a trick I feel. For my first set of break pad change, i was suggested to change the the disk only at 17K. I was not aware about all these trick so did the change at that time.

Now again SA is asking for break pad and disk change at just 37K. Strange why is the disk has so much tear in this many kms.

He said that it has stages. So I feel fiat mechanics always suggested to change the disk along with pads.
  10. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @pdash, may be! That's the reason I have retained the old disks and will show it to my reliable local mechanic. Shall get to know the true picture then.