1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Became Punto Emotion-ed on 27th June 2012

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by punto_emotion, Jul 2, 2012.

1. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ordered a pair of seat bottle holder from Ebay. Price is @250Rs and found it quiet handy and useful :up It can withstand weight of 1ltr bottle. Should test the durability though. But feel that it can hold 500 ml bottle without any fuss. So, two 500ml bottles can be accommodated for the rear occupants now. That should serve the purpose

Sent from Lumia using Tapatalk

WP_20140510_003compressed.jpg
    Last edited: May 10, 2014
    2 people like this.
  2. vamsi

vamsi Novizio

Bangalore
    Hi.. I would like order. Can you share ebay link please?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
  3. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  4. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys, am planning to drive down to Hyd from B'lore on May 20th. Schedule is to leave B'lore on 20th noon @3-4pm and reach Hyd by midnight. After attending a function, start the return journey to B'lore the next noon (May 21).

My parents also would be along and they are not comfortable eating at dhabhas, can someone suggest a good veg hotel enroute for dinner?

As per my knowledge, road conditions shouldn't be a problem. Hope my understanding is correct. Taking extra bit of precaution as parents also would be coming along.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Last edited: May 14, 2014
  5. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Staying in South Blore, was delighted when Vecto opened its second service station off Mysore road. Decided to get the 30k free service done at this center and am glad that my decision wasn't a let down.

Service booking process:

Called up the Vecto Hosur road to enquire about the service booking number for their Mysore road unit. They themselves took the booking and the assigned SA gave a reminder call the day before the service and asked for any specific complaints. I liked the pro activeness.

Rating: 10/10

Reception at the service center:

Reached the place 15 mins ahead of the scheduled time. It was @8.45 am and the SA told he would be there soon. In the meanwhile the security personnel wrapped the driver seat with plastic which was much appreciated. Soon the SA reached the place and was on the job straight away.

Service center:

Compared to other centres, this one definitely feels spacious and is located in a calmer environment. Customer lounge and other facilities are in place and quiet good. It surely provides positive initial impression.

Service experience:

SA, Ajay along with Surendra attended with the job card. Told them no for washing and interior cleaning and they provided estimated delivery time as 12 pm. Then, a test drive was taken within the premises and SA opined there was slight noise from front suspensions while driving on humps. He told suspensions coils would be removed and checked. After service, the noise was fine. Brake pads were checked and the SA estimated life of @5-6k kms; my feeling it should be more than that. Have been using this set if brake pads for last 10k kms.
    Once the car was put up on the ramp, I left to my residence and to my surprise got a call from SA @12 pm saying the car is ready and the total bill is 8,100 Rs. Appreciate the adherence to time frame.

uploadfromtaptalk1403588796647.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1403588830233.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1403588869764.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1403588893007.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1403588919733.jpg
    prabhjot and Ravi like this.
  6. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Time for an update. Red hotty has completed 30k milestone and going rock solid. She is on all new shoes - Yokohama A drives. Customary pic

WP_20140908_002compressed.jpg
    prabhjot, nkrishnap and Ravi like this.
  7. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Any specific reason you chose the Yokohama A drives? The XM2, Primacy 3ST, Earth 1 (195/65 profile) Continental CPC2, MRF ZLO were a few options. It will be helpful to let us know how you shortlisted the tyres you wanted.
    punto_emotion likes this.
  8. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ Referring to tyre burst post in previous page, I had already changed 2 of the 4 tyres to A drives. Hence, continued with the same for other 2 now.

Background: I wasn't looking to spend lavishly on tyre change. So, after going through tyre related discussions, had shortlisted XM2, A Drives, Earth 1 and MY02. Got to know from few dealers that MY 02 will be discontinued. Hence, it was dropped. The fight was btw A Drives and XM2. Was almost tilted towards XM2 and was budgeting for the same. But, the tyre burst incident compelled me to replace tyres much earlier than expected. Compared to A drives, XM2 was setting me back by @4k for 4 tyres. Though had heard good reviews about Earth 1, wasn't too keen as they are still not available in OEM specs. Considering the Vitamin M factor, finally settled for A Drives and have to admit that am not disappointed.

After changing 2 tyres to Adrives in the first installment, did a trip to Hyd and was really impressed by the tyre performance. Its a true VFM buy giving ideal mix of comfort, grip, noise and handling (though XM2 would have been better in terms of comfort). Hence, replaced remaining 2 GT3s with A drives. Got all 4 replaced at Madhu's and impact on Wallet was @4,900 per tyre. For the money spent, totally happy with the performance.
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Had gone out for office team lunch in Red hotty. As usual, Punto attracted lots of stares & admiration. We were @15 of us and everyone wanted to hop on a ride in Punto ;) Result - nazar lagayii !! While returning, black activa fellow was trying to take Valentino Rossi style turn, that too from a no entry zone. It was a blind left turn for me and all of a sudden am realising this black Activa is at a striking distance from Punto. Slammed the brakes hard and could sense ABS getting into the act. For a moment thought the Activa guy would be on the floor. Once again Punto's brakes acted as a saviour! The car stopped in no time but the guy ended up brushing front bumper. Result - black paint and minor scratches on the right front bumper! :banghead:

Immediately upon reaching home, started the restoring act with Formula 1 scratch out rubbing compound and the end result bought a big smile on my face within 15 mins :) Here are the pics

The damage!!
    WP_20141004_001.jpg

The saviour product -

WP_20141004_003.jpg

End result after Scratch out and a quick rubbing with Sonax liquid car polish

WP_20141004_004.jpg
    himanshu4886, Ravi and nkrishnap like this.
  10. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    That had definitely brought you a big smile. All marks has gone and its shinning like new.
    punto_emotion likes this.