1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Became Punto Emotion-ed on 27th June 2012

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by punto_emotion, Jul 2, 2012.

1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Since this repaired tyre is being used as a spare wheel, you could as well use a tube just to be on safer side and retain it till you have the tyres changed with the a new set.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Can we use a tube inside the radial tire ?
  3. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Yes. You can. But it is solely to be used in emergency situation something like the space saver tyre and travel at lower speeds to avoid accidents.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Side wall punctures are always unpredictable,doesnt matter if you do vulcanising as well.C
    Better to replace it as early as possible

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thank you.Thats really usefull info.
    For 195/65/R15 tire profile what would be the tube ratings ?
    1 person likes this.
  5. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    You can use any tube which can handle the basic 175 section tyres. The tube will expand and do the duty. Like I earlier mentioned this is solely for emergency and the damaged tyre should be replaced at the earliest opportunity.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
  6. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks for the replies guys. Yes, as Krishna suggested the shopkeeper also gave the option of using it with a tube. Its possible. Had done the same in my previous car but it isn't safe for long term usage

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  7. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This happened on the way to office today morning near Hosmat Hospital. Ambulance was trailing my car and hence moved towards left to give way. Result-front left tyre burst. Thanks to fantastic design of footpath, there was a concrete block protruding. People who use Hosmat road might be aware of the road conditions. Its ages since this stretch is maintained. Really pity patients travelling to hospital. Need to check for alloy damage!

Sent from Lumia using Tapatalk

WP_20140402_001compressed.jpg
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  8. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Update : headed to Madhu's alignment, Langford road and got 2 Yoko A Drives @4,900 per tyre. Was confused between XM2 and A Drives, finally considering Vitamin M went ahead with A drives. Tyre shop fellow advised the new tyres should go into front

9. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys, had a weird experience today with my Punto's AC. After driving for @20kms with auto AC, had to switch off the car to collect a pass at office entrance. Restarted the car after 5 mins and noticing that only blower is working. I usually turn off the blower also before switching the car off. So, thought auto AC is not turned on, but to my surprise display was showing auto AC icon but absolutely no chill effect. I could sense that AC compressor was dead. Then, adopted the old school philosophy. Halted the car, switched off the engine , all electricals and restarted the car again. Turned the AC on and there you go, AC compressor sprung back to life. Is it a matter of concern or can dismiss it as just one off case?

10. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

BANGALORE
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3

Have you switched of the ac while switch off the car?? If no than some time it happens when you switch on the car ac might not get switch on.. Only Blower will switch on... I would say please make sure every time you switch of fthe car make sure all electrical are switched off.... In accidental switching of car.. Make sure you switch of all electrical and than crank the engine....
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
    1 person likes this.