1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Became Punto Emotion-ed on 27th June 2012

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by punto_emotion, Jul 2, 2012.

1. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys, today morning got a shocker when I casually opened the bonnet. Last week after checking the brake fluid level, the service folks had left the brake fluid container open :shocked Luckily the cap was lying under the hood only. Have been driving the car for more than a week with brake fluid container open!

Sent from my Lumia using Tapatalk
  2. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

That's shocking bro! Brake and clutch share the same fluid.

Do mention this blooper in the corresponding dealer's service thread.
  3. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Those brake pads will last more than 5k kms easily.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  4. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Couple of TFI stickers got peeled off either due to dust, rain or while washing. Hence wanted to have something long lasting and little different. Went to my regular sticker guy on KR road and got this done :up

WP_20131005_009.jpg
    4 people like this.
  5. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Time to celebrate another milestone

Living truly to the expectation as a solid hatch, my Red Hotty completed 20k happy kms. With every passing km, the MJD is getting younger and younger. Looking ahead for many more wonderful miles with Fiat :up

fotor_WP_20131109_00220131109155114compressedcompressed.jpg
    2 people like this.
  6. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Two back to back highway drives bought a cheer to Punto as she was craving for it. Had been driving within city for a while, so MJD surely loved the highway. As a thanking gesture, she delivered my personal best mileage. Last noon was returning from my home deity, Devarayanadurga (near Tumkur). On a lazy noon, somehow turned on the sedate driving mode and drove @80-100 kmph range for about 75kms and this is what Punto had to offer with AC :D

To make MJD breathe better, once in a while highway drive is surely recommended :up

fotor_(13)compressedcompressed.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  7. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Happy news to share : Friends, while Punto is going as sturdy as ever, there has been an addition to my family. Blessed with a baby boy last week :) He already had two rides in Punto and seem to enjoy it :up

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    4 people like this.
  8. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats for the baby punto_emotion!!!! :up
    1 person likes this.
  9. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I usually monitor tyre pressure once in two weeks and generally it stays @32 psi mark. But last week, when I checked the tyre pressure, really right tyre measured 15psi ! On the face of it could not notice any nail or puncture. Hence, headed straight to a tyre shop and he diagnosed a minute air leak from a small hole in side wallsnof GT 3. He tried fixing with tubeless puncture kit but it wasn't successful. Later, he advised a patch / heat puncture as a remedy. Hence, decided to use the tyre as spare wheel as I don't intend to change tyres as of now (tyres look good for another 15k kms). When I do, planning to change all 4. Here is a pic of side wall fix. Can it be used as spare tire? There was no bulge in the side wall when I checked for air leak. It was just a small pinpoint like hole.

7ymemetu.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes, small side wall damaged tyre can be used as spare tyre. Just keep checking to make sure it doesn't loose all air.
    1 person likes this.