1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Beauty the BEAST

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by Scorpioman, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Scorpioman

Scorpioman Novizio

My love for cars started when I was around 5 years old. I still remember crawling all over our home pushing my then plastic super cars from one room to the next. Fast forward 12 years and it was then that I really started thinking a lot about cars and bikes. A good part of my 18th birthday was spent in the RTO for an LL as I had been waiting to get my hands on a bike or try driving a car that a good friend had. My first attempt at a car sent the shivers down my spine, I accelerated too hard and released the clutch too fast. Thank God it was in an empty playground so no one was hurt, I think I just managed to send a few strays dogs running for their life. Anyway, that attempt at the car kept me away from cars for quite a while and I stuck to bikes for the next 7 years.

The car bug bit again one day while returning from a dhaba in a friends car. Sitting in the passengers seat, I kept watching everything he did and by the time we got home, I was saying to my-self that it was time to try driving again. Tried it a few days later and it was not so bad and I said I will be able to manage and the hunt for a second hand Zen started. All the free time I had was spent at second hand car dealers and finally in about 2 weeks I settled for a well maintained Maruthi 800 and said I will use it to practice and then upgrade. The 800 served me well for 14 months and then I upgraded to a new Esteem VXI.

The Esteem was a brilliant car and served me well for 7.9 years with no break downs and I could always rely on it but mid last year the need for more power kept creeping up. I tried telling my self there was no need to change the car as it was still running perfectly well and would easily go through another 5 years. I managed to get through a few months but the heart and mind were at war and finally the mind gave up fighting.

The hunt for a new car began in September 2013 with the Vento, Cruze and a pre worshipped Civic being the major contenders. Test drove all three cars but was still very confused as there was one thing or another that each had and I did not like. I wanted something that was sleek and still looked rugged and one day while browsing through TeamBHP and checking reviews on other cars I came across an ownership review from Karthikk on the Linea and liked the way the car looked and it was Black too which made it more appealing since I would only buy a Black car. Next day called Fiat Caffe on inner ring road and arranged for a TD. First drove the MJD and then the T Jet. Was blown away and mind was made up in under 2 minutes that the T-Jet is what I want.

Took a few days going through all the ownership reviews on the Jet and though there were quite a few issues and niggles reported by most owners, I said to my self that it has to a chance I take as none of the other cars give you the pleasure that the Jet does. Mind made up and check ready I called Fiat Caffe but the sales rep seemed not too interested in taking a booking. After trying for 2 days with no response from them, I was not very sure where to book the Jet. In the meantime, before I let go of my Esteem I wanted to get it polished so headed to 3M HSR where I met Karthikk and another member Krishna who also has a Linea. Krishna offered to talk to Vecto Motors to see if they had a HHB TJet available but they did not. A few days later I headed to Vecto and was told they can get me a HHB Jet in 30 days once the booking was made. Begged the guys there to try and get it faster but they said it would not be possible and went ahead with the booking with and was promised delivery on 10-12-2013. Fast forward one long month and wait and as promised, I was handed over the keys to Beauty the BEAST.

20131212_115547 copy.jpg

14 people like this.
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Let me be the first to congratulate you.
    Happy motoring.
    The elevated ground clearance looks odd though.
    2 people like this.
  3. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Congrats on your purchase of the Jet. Wish you many happy miles with her. HHB is a smashing colour, my better half keeps telling me, "if you so wanted black why didn't you get it" and I really have no answer for that :).
    1 person likes this.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Heartiest congratulations Scorpioman (shouldnt the handle be ideally Fiatman, Lineaman. Tjetman or something) on bringing home the ultimate glossly looking Jet. Boy I dread the time you will spend on maintaining the car to retain the present smashing look.

Whats was the final OTR cost? Did you manage to get the 1L discount from Fiat?

Happy revving and fly safely. For old times sake, pls put a nimbu-mirchi on the car, too many evil eyes around.
    1 person likes this.
  5. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Congrats on getting the Tjet home. The Linea does look stunning in black.

Enjoy many more happy miles with the Jet.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  6. Volt

Volt Novizio

@Scorpioman congratulations on the flying machine. Wish you many happy and safe miles with her. Your Linea looks out of this world and as I keep saying, I still can't decide which colour looks best on the Linea, all of them are soooo good!!
    1 person likes this.
  7. Scorpioman

Scorpioman Novizio

Thanks Ghodlur. Ideally yeah, should have had one of the handles you suggested but....! I paid the showroom 10 Lacs and got the insurance done my self for 26K. So, it worked out to 10.26 Lacs on road for me. Quite used to maintaing Black, had an Esteem too in black for 8 years. Attaching a pic of it, that was the day it was sold.

2 people like this.
  8. bharath

bharath Regolare

Scorpio , This is glossy and glory ! Was that a 3M work or straight from the factory ? I cant take my eyes from her..Italian BLACK Pizza !
  9. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    CONGRATULATIONS man...! It looks like an Egyptian Beauty....
    1 person likes this.
  10. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Congratulations on getting HHB Linea T-JET to home,
    Indeed she's looking stunning,sexy & awesome in black,
    Happy miles with more smiles.
    1 person likes this.