1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Beauty @ Home: Linea - Tuscan Wine, MJD, Emotion PK

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by sly.cooper, Jun 21, 2011.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Say ''media'' ;)
  2. Got stretches on the boot :(.. not sure how. 3-4 vertical lines, not that deep. Might be branches from the tree above. Due to the length, part of trunk stays outside.

Can someone suggest polish/wax or scratch remover?
  3. Thanks Gurjinder. "Media" and then "Play" worked :).

Q. I was going thru the manual and "starting the car" section. The manual says that the gear position should be neutral and you need to push clutch all the way down while starting the car. Can someone please tell me why do you need to press clutch while starting when the gear is at neutral? I always start the car with clutch pressed as the car is parked with 1st gear engaged. I was able to start the car fine with neutral and not pressing clutch.
  4. dont know the exact reason.
    but i heard some where that pushing the clutch while starting is a good practice.
    it reduces the load on the engine.
    the old verna had this feature.(saffety i guess)
    clutch needs to be pressed(what ever gear)(neutral or engaged) to start the car.
    dont know about the new verna though
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    @Slycooper

That is mainly for safety reasons. So that you don't accidentally start the car while in gear and jump it forward.

Plus, if im corrrect, there will be a slightly lesser stress on the starter motor, since the clutch would be free of the flywheel,

Gurjinder
  6. gurjinder
    seems like i have earned a little knowledge of automobiles following you..
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    This might be for safty reasons.

If you take example of Tata Indigo CS, to start this you have to press clutch orelse it wont start. :)
  8. Thanks for the info guys. Is this applicable for Petrol or all cars? I used to press clutch only while starting with gear engaged. I will make it a practice now.
  9. no for petrol cars. for any car for that matter.
    theey say its a good practice to start using the clutch.
    i even use this method for my bikes.