1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Beauty @ Home: Linea - Tuscan Wine, MJD, Emotion PK

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by sly.cooper, Jun 21, 2011.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    No. I haven't heard of any speed lock in Linea/Punto. Automatic central door locking at 20 kmph is a feature that has nothing to do with steering vibration, which can be activated or deactivated by us.
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Seems like the SA is reading too much of Harry Potter and is trying his hand at fantasizing.

Any noise is not normal. Else all Linea owners would've reported / experienced it. "Speed lock" is complete bollocks.

Gurjinder
  3. sly.cooper
    there is nothing called speed lock. if there is something tell him to remove it now itself as you cannot wait for the first service.

there was the same thing in my house, when i wanted to learn bike riding.
    they put smaller jets in the carb and the fuel was so less, the bike would stop when i wanted to twist the throttle.

this thing with google and a mechanic shop got rip and happily driving ever after..:)

the speed lock he might be telling you is the beep alarm we can set at a particular speed i guess. that is the thing which we can activate or deactivate.

we cannot remove the auto lock of the doors if the car crosses 20kmph speed.

the sound must be of some loose nuts. ar bearing in the ends needs greasing. that all.
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    As per knowledge there no relation between Steering vibration and speed lock. Speed lock means if you cross the certion ( which you set on the speed buzzer ) then you can hear beep sound & Speed Limit Exceeded message on MID.

Sly.cooper where did you called, Pandit Auto? I think you need to show your car to the Service Center.
  5. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    @kedarbendre Sir- Speed lock are the speed sensitive locks. The thing you are talking about is speed limit warning which can be set by us. BTW for mjd it goes upto 200Km/h.
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    @All

Does the Punto & Linea comes with factory fitted Speed lock, which will be unlocked in 1st servicing. I heard this first time on this forum?
  7. even the same with me Kedar saab.(+1)

never heard that something like that comes with a mjd.
    now if it will be unlocked anyhow, why put it in first place?
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Guys, its nothing but a figment of the SA's imagination.

Sly.cooper make sure you grill this SA on what a ''speed lock'' is when you go to the dealer
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Sly.cooper with whom you communicated? Pandit Auto?

What was the name of that Service Advisor?
  10. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Heard of speed governors which are implemented in heavy vehicles to limit the speed.But speed lock..:uh There is a speed lock..ie when your car attains 20 kph, the door is locked automatically. . Is this guy really a SA ??

A small note from Wikipedia:- (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_limiter)

Today, BMW, Audi, Volkswagen and Mercedes-Benz limit their production cars to 250 kilometres per hour (155 mph). Certain quattro GmbH and AMG cars, and the Mercedes/McLaren SLR are exceptions. The Rolls-Royces are limited to 240 kilometres per hour (149 mph). Jaguars, although British, also have a limiter as do some Volvo cars.[citation needed]

German manufacturers initially started the "gentlemen's agreement", electronically limiting their vehicles to a top speed of 250 kilometres per hour (155 mph), since such high speeds are more likely on the Autobahn.[citation needed]

In European markets, General Motors Europe sometimes allow certain high-powered Opel or Vauxhall cars can exceed the 250 kilometres per hour (155 mph) mark, whereas their Cadillacs do not.[citation needed] The Chrysler 300C SRT8 is limited to 270 km/h.[citation needed] Most Japanese domestic market vehicles are limited to only 180 kilometres per hour (112 mph) or 190 kilometres per hour (118 mph).[6]

BMW and Mercedes will 'unhook' their speed limited cars in Europe and Mercedes will provide some vehicles in the USA without limiters for an additional price.[7] There are also third-party companies who will re-flash vehicle computers with new software which will remove the speed limits and improve overall performance.