1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Beauty @ Home: Linea - Tuscan Wine, MJD, Emotion PK

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by sly.cooper, Jun 21, 2011.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Congratulations and best wishes, sly.cooper. Go through the owner's handbook fully. Explore and enjoy your Linea.
  2. Thanks Srikar. What do you mean "drive with a lo=ight foot". Can you please elaborate?

I was micro fibre cloth today for Rs. 380/-. Is this normal cost? My car gets washed daily. I hope the washing guy doesnt use my cloth on other cars ;-)

There is a weird kind of feeling when braking hard... kind of lock (difficult to explain). Is it because of ABS? This is my first car with ABS. The braking is very good. Also while turning the steering when the car is stationary, it make kind of different sound (mechanical type). Not sure if this is normal too. Is this bcoz the car is not moving?

I sometime felt vibration in the gear knob, reverse gear or high rev at low gear. Is this normal?
  3. Confirmed it one more time - the wheel makes "kad kad" noise when moved. I was standing outside when the accessory shop guy took the car out. I could hear it loud and clear when he first moved the wheels (stationary), took reverse and then again turned the wheels again. Any problem here?
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    If that's the case then a visit to the dealer seems due. There should not be any noise.

Did it start after some untoward incident or all of a sudden on its own?

Gurjinder.
  5. sly.cooper
    that was light foot. i pressed lo instead of li. tried to edit it but instead pressed= button.

380 for a single micro fiber cloth seems to be on a higher side. i got a pack of 3clothes for 500.
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    IMO you should visit Service Center ASAP.

The nearest service center from your place is Acumen Motors, Pashan, Close to Chandani Chowk, Pune Mumbai Highway.

orelse you have Pandit Auto anyways at Tilak Road & Akurdi, Near Jai Ganesh FAME Multiplex.

If you visit Pandit Auto on Tilak Road please contact Mr. Rahul Jadhav. He is Service Advisor. He has good knowledge.
  7. I am not sure how it started however there was no incident as such. This is something which I had noticed in last week. I heard it when the car is stationary and I turned the wheel in the parking lot and hence started thinking about it. It was confirmed yday when I was outside of the car and someone else driving it. The car is driving fine. I will take it to the service center.

Thanks Srikar. I thought since it is Diesel, I have to press more on little more. I was going thru Fiat eco drive which mentioned about keeping "Instant consumption" on the MID and check the driving style. It shows low mileage the moment you press the accel a bit more. 4th and 5th gear shows pretty good mileage however this driving style feel more of a slow drive :(
  8. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats on the MJD Linea. TW is superb color which suits the Linea perfectly fine.

Enjoy many more happy miles with the MJD
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Don't be concerned about the mileage part.

It's just a matter of finding the 'sweet spot' in the engine - when you should give more accelerator input and when to give a bit less. The day you balance this, your mileage will improve ; along with performance.

I like to rev the little Multijet and generally upshift at a high-ish 3000rpm & in city i still get 14.5, and i'm happy with it. Our Linea only has 1100km on the Odo.

Gurjinder
  10. I checked with SA who told me that there is a "speed lock" due to which the steering wheel might be vibrating. He also said that the "speed lock" is cleared during first servicing. Is this true? He told me to keep the car under 100 Kmph now which is already suggested by Srikar. I am not happy with the way they explained stuff to me while taking delivery :mad:. The dealers so called "Linea expert" had gone for a training when I took the car delivery.

Anyways I am planning to take my car to service station.