1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Beautiful. Brilliant. Solid

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by chethansgangoor, May 29, 2011.

1. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    nice detailed write up.
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Chethan nice write up.
  3. Guys, had an accident yesterday. A KSRTC bus rammed the car from behind, here are few pictures of damage.

Wanted your suggestion on complete replacement of tailgate. Does the insurance company replace it with a new one or repair it?
    20082011.jpg 20082011(002).jpg 20082011(001).jpg
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

First of all , sad to see this happen. :(

It looks repairable to me. Have a quote from the dealer on the expected charges to set this right. That is if they insist on repairing it or replacing it ( Insurance would cover the replacement for sure).

If they say a repair would suffice, then i'm sure any good painter can do a decent job in a much more decent amount of money than the dealer.

But firstly, get a quote from the dealer.
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes this should be reparable. But follow as gujinder suggested.
  6. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    chetan ...so sad to know about the menace taken place.better go for insurance.insurance company will not allow dealer to repair the old tail gate.it would be all new tailgate if at all you go for insurance claim.

why am i suggesting for insurance claim:

1.Tail gate is made up of metal for that you have to pay 10% of the whole tail gate's price (e.g if its for Rs.6000/- you pay is Rs.600/-) (for very 1st year 10%)
    2.paint charges would be nothing.
    3. Labour charges would be nothing.

NCB you would be loosing for taking claim would be somewhere close to 3000/-
  7. Entire tail gate is going to be replaced. i have to pay 10% of the door charge + gum charges for fixing the rear glass. Logos and badges are not covered under insurance and i have to pay from pocket. Surely that was a bad day for me.

I have asked SA to install the spoiler aswell, cost is 4000 rs, negotiating on paint charges. Will post pictures once the car is back
  8. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Please dont pay for the logos , ask them to resuse the same , I did the same when I had to replace teh tailgate on my car , I'll ch3ck the exact charges and let you know how much I was charged . But please dont pay for new logos , they can remove this one and put it on the new one .
  9. Pran

Pran Superiore

Grande Punto 1.3
    This is repairable. Usually body shop have a vacuum equipment with which they can pull out such dents, repair and repaint it, I am not sure they will really be replacing the part or just repair and claim for the replacement. I have repaired a door which was damaged more than this on our Zen. Try some reputed workshop too.
  10. Gautam, i am also planning to reuse the logo, but badges cannot be reused.

Pran, first i enquired to repair it, but the dent near the glass where you can see the steel part [paint completely chipped off] is something they cannot bring it back in shape so i had to choose a replacement