1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Beautiful. Brilliant. Solid

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by chethansgangoor, May 29, 2011.

1. Buddy lovely car.. and awesome review. Buddy can i know from where you got the seat covers? is it from bangalore?? i m looking for 1 for my punto shortlisted Dorado and gsport . which i better? my budget is 7k and any know shop which you can suggest me in bangalore.

Mods Note - Removed quoted post.
    Please don't quote whole post. Quote only portion which you are replying to.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2011
  2. I had GSport in my 800 and having Dorado in Punto, both are very good.
    I payed 5500 INR for Dorada inclusive of installation. It is really worth the money. GSport - if you are a brand freak else go ahead with Dorado.
    I dont know about Bangalore as I stay in Mysore, but you should get Dorado still cheaper in bangalore :)
    If you want the contact number from where i got the seat cover in Mysore, PM me.
    Dorado is 100% better than Autocam and other brands.
  3. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    chethan get your door handles painted body coloured. black ones dont look good on your awesome car.
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
  4. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    chethan how did u blacken A, B & C pillars. and also how did u fixed those fog lamps? is it connected to the original wiring or is it having a seperate(manual) connection.
  5. Sumit, painting the door handles is due next month, the dealer promised me to get that painted during delivery for free.
    I was in a hurry during purchase and could not get that done, how ever the ORVMs are painted before delivery.
    I am going to Hassan on August and shall definitely get them painted.

A, B and C pillars are blackened by Vinyl stickers. You can get that done in any of the Sticker cutting shop. Be careful that you chose only Vinyl stickers and not the radium one.

Vinyl stickers can be peeled out if required and it does not affects the body paint. Radium on the other hand cannot be peeled and if peeled requires a repainting.

The cost was 200 Rs to get the A, B and C blackened with Vinyl.

I got the fog lamps fitted by the dealer itself. Each fog lamp cost me a 1400 Rs. Wiring is separately done with a mechanical switch.
    Total cost for fog lamps was 2800 inclusive of the black holders to hold the fog lamps. Wiring, switch and labor was free.
    Dealer offered me to get that connected to my parking switch, When ever i turn on the parking switch the fog lamps would turn on. But i wanted it to be in a separate line so that i could turn on when required.

I shall post you some pictures of the switch soon.
  6. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    thankz chethan. plz post some pics of the switch u have used.
  7. Minor Mods, Punto has a blue eye now

Here is the picture of fog lamp switch. The switch is placed surrounding a double side gum tape.
    DSC_7313.jpg DSC_7312.jpg

Today I got the headlight bulbs replaced to 100/90.
    I went for Hella branded wire harnessing and Narva H4 bulbs.

Hella relay cost me 800 bucks and Narva bulbs at 650 Rupees.

Installation was free.

Good thing is that my punto has blue eyes now::D

DSC_7309.jpg DSC_7321.jpg

DSC_7319.jpg

I got the exhaust chrome tip also for 450 bucks
    DSC_7315.jpg DSC_7316.jpg DSC_7314.jpg

Also attached is the pick of a toy tied to the mirror which my daughter loves a lot.
    DSC_7311.jpg

Seats are now covered with one more layer to prevent my Tshirts getting wet while driving
    DSC_7310.jpg
  8. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    Those alloys look really good. I have always felt the alloy designs from FIAT are the best. The linea ones are even better looking than the Punto ones.
  9. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    woow. just went through all your pics and they are brilliant. your red punto looks awesome. and pls dont change the grill color let it remain black as it suits red more. i always envy punto owners as they can play with the looks of their cars. black grill silver grill, abarth stickers, alloys etc.
  10. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Exhaust tip @450/- thats very good is it Fiat original accessories. Original accessory as per site costs 1900+. Is your Headlight now blue or white?.

Kiran