1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Beautiful. Brilliant. Solid

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by chethansgangoor, May 29, 2011.

1. Thanks Arvind, and a nice catch on the "miss spelt" word :uh. I really meant :mrgreen:comfortable there.

Thanks again dude
  2. Got the Linea OE alloys yesterday, and also changed the skinny stock tyres

Alloys - 15,000
    Painting the calipers and drum -600 Rs
    Yokohoma C drive - 195-60-R15 -18,000 Rs for 4 tyres
    Wheel balancing and alignment - 600 Rs
    buy back of stock JK tornados - 1100 each [tire had a mileage of 6000 kms] - 4400 Rs

Vehicle alignment report showed an error on Front Camber Right - Final was "-1.00'"

Tyre delaer said to visit TASS soon, is this a big problem?
  3. Punto on Linea shoes

DSC_6971.jpg DSC_6973.jpg DSC_6972.jpg

Sorry for mushy pics, will upload a new set after the car is washed today
  4. hey actually the yellow looks good.only thing u need to polish your wheels a little more.otherwise its awesome.
  5. M A N U

M A N U Amatore

hey chethan the alloys look good .You got a great deal too.
    Where did you source the alloys from finally.
  6. Alloys and Tires from Sri Sai tyres, a new shop has opened in mysore.

i actually went to check for tyres and randomly asked a question on alloys, to my luck he had 4 wheels in stock.

Some linea owner has left that for after marked alloys and the tire dealer might have exchanged it for not more than 6000 bucks from the original owner.

Good deal for him and also me :)
    @ Manu if you are in Bangalore you will get alloys in JC road [opposite to bbmp parking] there is small road and you see people selling alloys on road side
  7. Really?!!

i will let it as is then :)

Thanks Vignesh, you are of great help for me
  8. srinivaschandalada

srinivaschandalada Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Your car looks stunning. Why do u feel uncomfortable in the punto in long drives ? I find my car very comfortable at long drives. and secondly dont feel sorry at seeing a swift closing in , ask him to do the same at 140 kms +, you'll see him toppling around and coming to a halt on his roof.:eek:

9. Srinivas, i was feeling "comfortable", it is a typo.
    As for the swift, me and my friend who owns a VDI have driven neck to neck.

Punto feels stable but swift is agile. whenever we see a speed breaker on the road, he would zip away very quickly and i would be left behind, blame it on gear box. Swift is very good in handling, and i dont think it will topple at high speeds.
  10. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Yeah my dear let him go ahead on the1st, 2nd gear, but he will be left behind once you pump the acceleration above 3000 rpm on 3rd and 4th gear. the swift will be bitting the dust and mind he will never catch you in the curves,' (REMEMBER dont race)

Let me tell you when i was on my way back from nashik, I had given the city a hard time i touched 140 on th straight road and was relaxed, but could read his face that he was in tense when he was overtaking me, but on the curves mine Grande handled it well, it was like cutting the butter with hot knife, but he overtook me on the straight road, then while we halted for a Tea break i saw the same city in the parking lot and parked my beast next to him, the city guy came to me and asked how were you comfortable on the curves, i said thats FIAT, hahahahahahahahahahha
    2 people like this.