1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Beautiful. Brilliant. Solid

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by chethansgangoor, May 29, 2011.

1. ooh ok.its u to decide.but i think the 337 works for me.even the sc01 is ok in the red.u think n tell.for me i wanted aftermarket wheels are head turners.i see that daily almost on the road tat ppl stare at the wheels.(even before getting the roof and bonnet done).for me personally the car gets converted to e pack with oe alloys.tats not wat i want,i wanna be different.this is the sole reason for me to sell off my oe alloys.
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    punto looks best only with low profile tires. wider the alloys merrier it goes.
  3. punto_01_well04.jpg

Few more alloys

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2011
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    chethansgangoor the pics looks amazing. Red Punto cool here with after market alloys.
  5. LOL, guys still not finalized any one of them. More confusion..
  6. @chetansgangoor
    I agree with all the facts as mentioned by you about the GP but as far as highway driveability is concerned i feel the punto beats the likes of i20,POLO,figo .etc.Diesels like MJD are designed for better high end torque which comes oozing out of it,at 3X1000 rpm and above which helps a lot for highway cruising.Due to the lower displacement its low end torque seems sluggish,which may be felt by you driving in the city.
    Great ownership experience with all the small aspects of the car being kept in mind.:)
  7. arjunr

arjunr Amatore

Where did you buy the alloys :) Look good ! Any suggestions on What color to put for a Black MJD.
  8. drarvindc

Can't agree more, Punto haunted me and my wife too, with each passing on the road it used to be open mouth and staring at it.

I think you meant to say comfortable on long journeys. Did 600 kms a day for two days and came out fresh.

Yeah, at times if i am not looking before taking turn, then a right turn requires to raise head and check for incoming traffic behind the pillar.

Well said sir and in full agreement with you. Cancelling my wagon-r booking is the best thing i did, peace came only with Punto.

Great review, had fun reading it.

9. @ Diesel head, you are right, highway is Punto's "home pitch" :)
    Even in city it is fine, just its gearbox that spoils the sport.
  10. Arjun, alloys were not purchased, i was just experimenting on differnt alloys with the car in photoshop [one of my friend at office helped me on this]. Meanwhile all alloys in the pictures are from plati, except one are two from HRS. And one think note, the car is not mine with alloys, it is Vignesh's car.