1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Beautiful. Brilliant. Solid

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by chethansgangoor, May 29, 2011.

1. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3

Its the Fiat provided autocop CL for the active variant.

Its all in the blood sat :)
  2. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Hi Chetan,

Superb modification on your ride and equally good pictures to show off :)

You could make out my expression from the smiley am using here ::OO

what are the next mods that you have planned !!
    Where did you get the sparco Pedals and gear knob from?
  3. sidhu

sidhu Timido

hi u have done excellent modification of ur punto.can u plz give some details of ur DRL.
    how many cuts do we have to make in grill.(horizontal & vertical)?
    can we put on/off switch for DRLs?
  4. There were no cuts made sidhu i just removed one piece of the grill on left and right top line as you can see in the picture. I am not using DRLs as most of the Autoriksha, taxi etc are having them

Few more small modifications coming... will post pictures this weekend!!
  5. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Nice ride Chetan! Coincidentally i too have the same neckrest. I bought mine at Mysore. I originally saw them on ebay n pestered a local car accessories dealer for a month or so until he finally imported them. I paid Rs.650 per piece. That said, I'm totally not happy with it. I just doesn't suit the Punto's seats. I got a bad neck pain the first time i drove for a few hours with it. I still have them just for posterity's sake. It kinda compliments my car's interiors, so still sticking with it until i find a work-around.
    I wasn't convinced when the shopkeeper showed me the pedals, but having seen ur ride, i'm going for it! :D
  6. sandy.chegi

sandy.chegi Novizio

Wow, how did I miss the thread for so long. Awesome upgrades, mod jobs done to the car. BTW, hats off to your wife for being supportive of these upgrades. Some of our friends in forum would understand what I am talking about. :)

As the header says, Solid is what everyone knows about Fiats but you made the Punto even more Beautiful and brilliant with the mod jobs. Once again, great work done Chetan. :)
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  7. DSC_8100.jpg DSC_8099.jpg DSC_8102.jpg DSC_8109.jpg DSC_8112.jpg

- - - Merged Post - - -

DSC_8113.jpg DSC_8114.jpg DSC_8116.jpg
  8. jumu

jumu Superiore

I find many drivers opting to install the neck support on the headrests. The head rests are designed in a particular manner with a purpose. If the neck requires support there, the seat designers could have easily filled the place with foam and sculpted the entire seat at that spot,but they didnt do it yet even in the most expensive car .

In a rear end impact, the head travels backwards in a flash and is prevented from further flexing by the head rest. In case an additional filler in the form of neck support is fixed, the impact will make the neck travel over the support to finally get resisted by the head rest. So chances of the neck bone breaking is high. So, friends, think over a while before falling for the attractiveness or glamour of the luxury accessories. This is entirely my understanding and opinion and my two cents.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
    amitshedha likes this.
  9. DSC_8106.jpg DSC_8107.jpg DSC_8122.jpg

10. DSC_8108.jpg DSC_8118.jpg

- - - Merged Post - - -
    F1 style blinking LED indicator
    DSC_8120.jpg DSC_8124.jpg
    1 person likes this.