1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Beautiful. Brilliant. Solid

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by chethansgangoor, May 29, 2011.

1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Howz the ride with the 17 inchers. Knowing the bad roads that are on offer, one needs to be really careful not to damage the alloys.

By the way. Your Punto looks super hot.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    chethan,
    how it feels with new sparco ABC pedals.please share some thoughts about the new pedals.
  3. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Loved your car mate... each n every work done to perfection !! It would turn anybody's head !! i came home n searched for your thread to see that wheels , i m astonished to see the amount of work you ve done. !! The sparco stuffs are neat !! I ve tried those gear knobs n they are really sporty to "slot in" in a split second. Just chip it n its complete !! :) Are those 98 pcd or 100 pcd ?
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Brilliant modifications. It is now a super sport hatch. Does the total coast(active + all mods) still below the price of emotion pk.
  5. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Chetan, this is super modification; how much cost for neckrest, can you give me details from where can I get the same?
  6. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    after seeing these, i went out n enquired for the seat belt covers and neckrests.. both of them costs 700 a piece here. :eek: . should take me a while to get the covers in blue for mine !!
  7. Krishna, ride is still almost the same as 195/60/R15, I am maintaining 28 PSI now, body roll is significantly low around the corners which is just great.

Yeah you are right on the bad roads, i drive as if i am walking wearing a super costly suite on a gutter road if i see a bad road. :)

Pedals are great IMO. The original set from Fiat costs close to 10K i believe and for these i payed around 2000 Rs. But to install this requires, removing the rubber cover on the B, C pedal and drilling two holes in each of them diagonally and then fitting it. For Accelerator pedal we have to drill two holes on the right hand side and install them. Experience was like taking your own kid for vaccination, in the end it was for good :)
    Thank you Varun and you are right, Gear knob not only looks sporty, it is well weighted too and makes slotting the gears little easier and much more quicker. Alloys are 100 PCD.
    Thank you Sungoa, cost might have exceeded a bit over the 90HP model :), but the satisfaction you get is priceless :). Even if i had bought 90HP i would have invested almost the same amount in modifying it too and now thats brings more satisfaction in terms of saving [ I sound like a fool isnt it ;) ]
    BoseSuman, i got it from Hitech Cars apposite to Prerana motors, JC Road Bangalore, they are the sole importers of Sparco original products from Italy. Cost i Payed is almost 900Rs for each neck rest. The quality is excellent but for Punto seats they dont work, atleast for me.. my neck does not fall on it in which ever angle i drive, try fitting a dummy neckrest [a small pillow at home] and see whether it reaches your neck before investing on it. Beware of sparco there are many duplicates outside.
    Seat belt covers are of good quality Varun and i payed MRP price which was printed on the box. If you get for lesser price just grab it.
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I never knew this at all.. Is this a default for all puntos?
    Mine is a '09 punto and from day 1 the CL is in silent mode only.

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

didn't work for me i took the key to MAR and pressed both buttons simultaneously ,nothing happened. I even tried alternating pressing the buttons but still no use.
  9. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

delhi
    I think Chethan is having aftermarket CL like Autocop, which works like Chethan said.

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

I think Chethan is having aftermarket CL like Autocop, which works like Chethan said.
  10. Chetan, Red Punto can't get better then this,where did you get the inspiration to do mods to such level of perfection?