1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Beagle pups

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by xler, Jun 30, 2012.

1. xler

xler Novizio

Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    I am planning to bring home a pet. Kids choices -a. Labrador b.Beagle

Where can I find beagles in India? Are Beagles good apartment dogs?
  2. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Noida
    Beagles are very cute and lovely but also consider Golden Retrievers,they are one of the most friendly and cute dogs!
    My choice would be Golden Retriever followed by Beagle and then Labrodor.
    For Apartments you can also get Pugs,Shih tzus etc.
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  3. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

4. Satyajit

Satyajit

Mumbai
    Here are some links on both breeds you've mentioned:
    Gaylan's Golden Retrievers: beautiful, working golden retrievers for home and sport (Golden Retrievers)
    The Advantages and Disadvantages of Owning a Beagle (Beagles)

How about adopting a stray pup? Just a thought.

Strays have a better overall constitution since they develop immunity faster. They are also more alert and intuitive and make for wonderful pets when taken care of. Pedigreed pups don't always adapt to different climates and situations.

I come from a family that has owned cats and dogs both. At one point we had both a cat and a dog co-existing peacefully. We have owned Dachshunds and our mutt at present is a mix between a large Pom and a Boxer! :eek: We have owned and adopted strays as well.

Good luck with the new addition to your family!
    1 person likes this.
  5. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Noida
    For your Little help:

1 person likes this.
  6. If you are looking for an apartment dog,then pug it is...they love kids and kids love them..they need minimum workoutt,and you can carry him/her anywhere you are travelling in india(in car only)
    1 person likes this.
  7. xler

xler Novizio

Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    Dear saharsh, thomman85 and wolverine_arnab:
    Thank you for the inputs. We have a beagle with us. Kibou came home end of July. He joined us on a long Indore-Pune-Karwar-Mangalore-Bangalore-Pune-Indore road trip this January.
    Thanx once again for all ur inputs
    BR
    2 people like this.
  8. Good to hear that Kibou accompanied you on this long road trip.so how did he hold up in the entire trip? Did you face any problems finding accommodation? And what was his food habit on the trip?
    My dogs when on a trip tends to eat little less, and spends most of time sleeping.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  9. We have had a Pomeranian until 2011, they also make up good apartment pet, just be careful not to lock the dog inside the car when get out to see something.They can't tolerate heat like us a need water to prevent them from getting dehydrated.