1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

BBS 98PCD Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Nimish antony, Aug 24, 2012.

1. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Exactly mate - It's going to be a rare collection material going forward. Shams has drive it to believe it, It will the Punto to shame. It's more agile than the Punto and the upgrade the owner has done here can keep it up with anything on the road. I really appreciate his passion toward this vehicle.

You stole words out of my mouth, If I had the money and passion I would doing several crazy things as well. So end of the day it's personal choice and we don't have to live for other nor listen to others. Everyone keeps giving opinions, but what counts is your attitude and passion to do.
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Oops teky, you got it all wrong ..
    Read properly. .I said 'instead of buying silly cars (like hyu**,mar**)its better to own a car like s10 and mod it to match new gen cars ...
    I guess everyone read it wrong ..me and flaming fiat cars ????,not happening bro
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Shams -Oops, probably over read it, Sorry about that.

I'm looking forward to see this car during our Ooty Meet.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The 1.6 Palio has reminded of another fact - FIAT have always given India the very best, but unfortunately it never gets appreciated, ever.

2001 (?) they gave us Palio 1.6 100hp. The original "hot hatch", "performance hatchback". Creator of a whole new segment in India. Godfather of all present Indian "hot hatches".

It took manufacturers another 11 years before they had the courage to give a 1.6 petrol in a hatch. 11 years.
    1 person likes this.
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Ford fusion came before 11 years.also Chevrolet introduced a hatch with 1.6 Engine which haven't seen outside light . Can any one clarify whether opel corsa hatch/sail had 1.6 engine?
    Other than this two above statement is valid. :D
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Seems like i need some memory enhancers :lol:
    41oPGWjaNaL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Thanks for the correction!!
    1 person likes this.
  7. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Wasn't Chevrolet SRV an 1.6L Hatch as well, It still looks timeless with the current gen of Hatches including Beat, i20 etc. Sadly the Indian market wasn't mature yet (It hasn't still yet) and both of them were shown the doors. Atleast the GTX sold a bit better than SRV luckily and we're still able to taste.

After driving a GTX I was overwhelmed by the fact that even after 10 years this car can gun it's competition, Can't imagine the fun which original owners had with all such power in their hands. Sadly in India the government isn't supporting this will all stupid policies including sub 4m and engine capacity like 1.2L. An i10 which is less than 4M and 1.2L petrol engine doesn't show a great difference with a Punto 1.4L which is outside the excise duty, Looks like we can never get a taste of true hot hatches once again with an mileage obsessed country who don't understand Performance and Mileage can co-exist.
    1 person likes this.
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Nimish will be in :firey by seeing we lifting his thread. I have stopped to escape from a :chair:
  9. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    They are hottt and WOW :shocked
  10. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Nimish from where did he source those alloys ? Waiting for the final snaps.