1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Battle against Logo-thieves !!! Winning...Till Now

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by VahanPujari, May 18, 2010.

1. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

My Linea was without Fiat Logo's for quite a long time as both Logo's - front & rear - got stolen multiple times. 90% of cars in vicinity of my residence have their logo's stolen. This was delaying my decision on getting the logo's fixed again & again. At the same time, it was awful driving a car without its jewels i.e. good-looking Logo's. I lot Rear Fiat Logo 2-3 times, Front Fiat logo once & Alloy Wheel Fiat-logo once. Though I hated to drive my Linea without those gorgeous gleaming Fiat-logo's, 90% of cars with their logo's stolen in our vicinity were telling me that if I fixed the logo's, they might not stay even for a single day. So, what to do ?

Finally, after a long time my Linea got the Front & Rear Fiat Logo's !!!

Done some Desi Jugaad idea on the logo's to prevent theft. It did not got stolen in last 23 days !!! Lets see .... Check out below pics to find what's done to prevent theft.

I asked TASS to fix the logo's not with the normal glue it comes with. There were 2 options - using Glass Sealant OR using Araldite. I finally decided on Araldite. They fixed it with Araldite fine (1st & 2nd pics above).

The way the thieves remove logo is to insert a screwdriver edge in the groove or small opening surround the edges/ periphery of the logo & just flick it. I decided to "fill" the peripheral opening with Araldite - kind of cementing it (3rd & 4th pics above). Initially I was careful that those white Araldite patches should not be visible. But then gave it a damn & filled it completely. The white Araldite is not visible from a distance of 5 feet & more, only the close look reveal it.

I went one step ahead & ran a RED marker pen on those small white Araldite formulations (Check below pic). When I go to TASS next time, may be I shall run a small brush on it with Flamenco Red Linea color !! Lets see how many days the Logo remains on the car.

Below pic is after running Red pen. If you compare this with pic in previous post, it can be seen that the effect of white araldite has reduced. This is better than letting those thieves succeed & looking at a bland logo-less surface with those 2 big holes protruding !!

1 person likes this.
  2. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Interesting :).
  3. rameshjoshi

rameshjoshi Amatore

Funny. What do they do with the logo?
  4. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

They sell it in chor bazaar and then we end up buying our own logo from there. Just to avoid paying big amount to get it from dealer. :wink:
  5. K_K

K_K Amatore

I hate Those Guys Should have an option to elctricute them to death or atleast give dem a jolt wish ther was somethin We can do to prevent it.
    I leave my dog near d car if its parked out on d road near my house HE hE :devilface :evil:
  6. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Till now both Logo's are very much there.

However, rainy season is approaching & I'll have to stop using car body cover. In that case gleaming logo's would invite those moron thieves to succeed. Lets see !!
  7. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    One of my friend got the logos for as cheap as 350 bucks a piece... Well both my residence and work parking areas are quite secure and i have not fallen a pray for it yet.. if it all in future i'd get a new one.. But the stuff u did was interesting man.. Probably once i loose it i'd get this done for mine too...
  8. my car became the latest victim of the Logo thieves. The logos were removed from office car parking :A :A
    Any ideas how much the front logo costs?
  9. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

@Arvind : You might wanna contact Kava Automobiles in mumbai .If I remember correctly someone had ordered it from them for 450 bucks for the pair . Pretty cheap huh !
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Shocking :shocked
    How can somebody remove it from office parking?