1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Batterywale.com : Reviews

Discussion in 'Technical' started by svvickky, May 19, 2015.

1. svvickky

svvickky Amatore

bangalore
    Hi TFI,
    Long Story Short:
    My car's battery is giving up .. so had to change the battery, chased with couple of shops. finally stumbled upon batterywale.com. Got a deal of 3.9k after exchange of old battery, Confirmed the order.
    Will post the experience once the battery is replaced.

Now The Full Story:
    Had a trip to chalakere for friend's marriage, punto was parked in hot sun for whole day.
    Returning back to leave the place we switched on AC , FAN , Music system without starting the engine :(.
    After 5 minutes car refused to crank.
    Called up KHT Service (shaba) Told him all the symptoms
    1. All Lights glow up properly, MUSIC system, head lamps all work fine
    2. MID shows service warning
    3. while cranking, all goes blank

They suggested me to jump start and said everything should go fine. But advised not to stop the car anywhere. We jump started the car, ran it for 10 minutes, with battery mechanic with us, we tried stopping and starting, WOW it worked fine no complaints!

Happily returned home and planned to check my car with KHT once i return to bangalore. But didn't get time after 5 days same issue pops up again :( . Again got a battery mechanic jump started car as I had an emergency personal work. Punto never complained after that whole day no issues faced with constant running.

The Battery mechanic suggested to better change the batteries as its already 2.5 yrs old. Hence decided to go for a battery change. After reading all posts and consulting KHT. Decided on Amaron DIN 45 AH.

Where to buy:
    Took couple of numbers from just dial, the maximum I could get for 4.2k after the battery exchange.
    On check online batterywale was offering it cheaper at 3.9k . Placed an order and got a call back in 10 minutes , That they will doing battery replacement, take the old battery for change, All inclusive price would be Rs 3970

It is scheduled to replaced tomorrow , will post my experience once Its done.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @svvickky

Can you confirm what battery did you opt for? Is it Exide or Amaron? Whats the warranty you are getting on the new battery?

Did the battery mechanic diagnose any specific issue with your old battery, why was it losing the charge? How old was your stock battery?
  3. svvickky

svvickky Amatore

bangalore
    Hi
    My Stock Battery is 2.5 yrs old.

I opted for Amaron DIN 45 AH
    Warranty: Free 24 Months + Pro Rata 24 Months
    Price: 3970 RS

I did a diagnosis with KHT road assistance , They found distilled water to be less, Even after refilling distilled water battery wasn't giving enough voltage for crank.
    The volt meter showed only 3.5 V when i tried cranking.

I ran the car for one hr , drove for around 15 kms, after that too car failed to crank after stopping. Even the remote lock too didn't work :(

Today After replacing the battery all looks fine. I will have to test it again tomorrow

Meanwhile I found good reviews of
    http://www.batterybhai.com/
    http://www.batterybhai.com/car-batteries-details/AAM-FL-545106036/34/2/1/45/1
    He is cheaper by 200 bucks too :) , supports online payment.
  4. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    You switched on ac? Fan and music system without turning on the car??.. 2.5 years! I think u are lucky to get that many years!!
    Cranking/core.voltage of 3.5 may end up damging your starter motor. Try taking care of it a bit more
  5. mayank tanwar

mayank tanwar Timido

Delhi, India
    Delhi, India
    Linea 1.4
    Last week me and my friends bought automotive batteries online from two diffrent stores Batterybhai and batterywale. These are topmost best battery seller in India. But here we found the prices and delivery services is provided by BatteryBhai is Best instead of batterywale. We ordered same batteries of Amaron 45Ah, but batterybhai selling on lesser price as compare to batterywale. So i am happy to buy battery from batterybhai and praised for such great services.
  6. zakir

zakir Timido

mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Hi Friend there is not only 2 website selling automotive battery online,you can check the rate in other online portal who is selling cheaper then this 2 website and also they are giving special offer of rs 75/- on all car batteries and rs 150 on all inverter batteries with free delivery and installation. so please check this website :- The name is www.carbatteryexpert.com