1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Battery upgrade

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by amolmane, Oct 22, 2010.

1. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Just changed my battery today.Installed a Super Sonic SF 12v 50Ah.Opted for a higher DIN rating this time.Fitted easily without any problems.Costed me Rs4100/- in exchange of my old battery for 500/-. I got my old battery tested and the scanner showed it was too weak for startup and so i was getting those Airbag Failure and ABS not available errors.Errors have gone and startup is smooth now.

@crazy eddy

Linea 1.4 stock battery rating is 12v 44Ah.
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. OEM Exide battery in my Punto 1.4*is giving problems very frequently (I have mentioned it in another post complaining about 'hot start' problem). I think I have carried it a bit too long till now for the last few months and had to do jump start a couple of times too!*So have now decided to call it a day for the Exide and plan to get Amaron flo same 44 Ah. Enquired TASS*(this time Tafe, Greams road) and 4.6k after buy back ( 300 for old ) is the quote. Enquired else where and am getting Amaron Flo 45Ah*for same 4.7k after buy back (near my house, I got my home inverter battery also from same guy). I hope I will be fairing better with the change. In between had a quote for 4.7k same for Bosch silver also - but decided against since it seems it is not well serviced widely. I will not be opting for a higher Ah one
  3. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @thepunter

Buddy why not go for a higher DIN rating this time?? It will hold more power if u've iced your car.I've put 12v 50Ah in my 1.4Linea this time.OEM Exide was really crap and starting giving me many problems including cold start issues.There's no 50Ah in Amaron,there's 44Ah and then directly 55Ah.If at all you plan for 50Ah you can try Sonic SF ~4k after buy back of old battery.
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  4. I dont have a big ice set up- have just upgraded the stock speakers to JBL - so power requirement is not any higher. Car running is also a shade less than average.*
    SF is again Exide in another make up-Right? correct me if not.*
    I got it done a few hours back- amaron45ah for 4.7k. Yes price could hav been better slightly. But this was what i got after enquiring 3 average shops. Can clearly see the difference (crisp and quick) while cranking every time
  5. Crazy_Eddy

Crazy_Eddy Novizio

Chennai
    Yep unfortunately there aren't many options close to 44Ah.

Yes SF is an Exide brand.
    Where did you get your Amaron from? The price seems decent, I was expecting it to be 5k+.
    Which place sells the Bosch silver? Was wondering whether to take a gamble with it, considering batteries rarely need service.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Exide battery in my alto lasted for 3 years. After that I replaced with Amron till using it for last 5 years without any maintenance.
  7. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    FIAT sourced Exide ones hardly have 1.5yrs life.My starting giving problems after a year only.OEM ones are crap that FIAT provides.Better to change after 2yrs irrespective of any problems.
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Why to change if there is any problems? I think if one regularly check the water level and top it up they last more.
    Have you experienced any starting/performance problem after 2 years.
    I usually check the battery whenever I do top up at nitrogen filling station.:)
    Last edited: May 6, 2012
  9. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    I experienced starting problem after 1yr itself.Anyhow stretched its usage till 2years and then exchanged it for a new one.
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I checked with Carnation, which is very near to my home, and they quoted below price, for Punto MJD -

Exide
    5 years warranty - 9650
    18 months warranty - 5800

SF
    5 years warranty - 8950
    18 months warranty - 5700

Isn't these quotes very high, or it is normal?

EDIT - Found one website, price looks reasonable.
    http://www.batterybhai.com/search_r...modelID=196&bBrand=&frmSearchCity=7&x=45&y=10

Delivery and even installation free. Looks to be one good option.
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
    1 person likes this.