1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Battery upgrade

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by amolmane, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Cinju... i spoke to Harish of AMARON in Kochi and he said that Optima is out of the question but he could give AMARON instead.. I will pm you his number.
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune

million thanks Gurjinder. but obviously my next battery will be red top ones. just need to make sure how it clamps in our lineas!! is it exactly of same height and dimensions of oem battery?
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Thanks mate. I am already running on Amaron :). My exide battery gave up in the 1st 4 months of it's operation. You can read my sad story in #7 post of http://this thread
  4. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Got the price of tata green batteries also

Titanium DIN 44 (44AH) model costs around 4970 before any discount for old battery
    Gold DIN 44 (44AH) model costs around 4520 before any discount for old battery
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2012
  5. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Changed the battery to Bosch S5 DIN44 today. MRP is 6280 (Jan manufactured). Got it for 5K. DIN44 fits perfectly in the bay. its same size as of the Exide DIN50.
    DIN60 batteries should also fit without any issues as there is space left in the bay. DIN60 was not in stock

Also checked the Bosch dealer for Punto spare parts. He said Bosch is now manufacturing parts like Brake pads, oil filter, Diesel filter, Air filter etc for Punto/Linea. price is a good amount lower than that in the TASC :D
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2012
    3 people like this.
  6. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    GO for Amaron in my last car it came up to 5 years
  7. Crazy_Eddy

Crazy_Eddy Novizio

Chennai
    Is DIN44 or DIN55 recommended?
    Our battery needs replacement soon, but the service rep asked us to look for DIN55.
    Ours is a Linea 1.4 EP.
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Has anyone thought about the consequences of a higher discharge on the wiring circuit?
    If the circuit is rated to handle 55Ah then 60/65 should be dangerous ...
    The current drawn is most important (from what little electrics i studies in Engg) and varying it by such a margin is dangerous.
  9. bak

bak Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ah refers to battery capacity i.e. 55Ah battery can supply 55 Amps for one hour @rated voltage(voltage drops as current discharges). Current drawn by circuit depends on load rather than the battery. 60/65 Ah battery last little longer than 55Ah battery. Also takes little longer time for re-charge assuming charging circuit is current controlled.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Crazy_Eddy

Crazy_Eddy Novizio

Chennai
    What DIN rating are Linea 1.4 owners using?