1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Battery upgrade

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by amolmane, Oct 22, 2010.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Ravi: Please contact Natesh Batteries, who are the main dealers for Amaron batteries in Bangalore. I bought one for my motor cycle recently. This is located as you come from Race Course to Malleshwaram, you will cross one railway underpass. It is opposite the railway underpass behind AirTel showroom. They have a branch at South End Circle also at No.547/1, South End Circle, RV Road, Vijaya College, Basavanagudi, Bangalore - 560004.

Amaron - India's Most Powerful Battery

Amaron.jpg
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  2. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Hey guys what is the 'Ah' rating for the Linea 1.4?? Planning to switch to Amaron soon.Exide is total crap.
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Here it is on my Linea 1.4 FIRE's Exide battery:
    Image0056.jpg
  4. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Thanx Ravi Sir!! 44Ah is too less aint it?? I was just reading the manual and found out that 60ah x 36mah can be used without any problems(permissible loadless consumption).Is it ok??
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Yes, 60 Ah battery will have maximum permissible loadless consumption up to 36 mA, which is much more compared to 44 Ah battery, and hence it should be a okay, subject to space constraints of the battery holder.
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Even in my Punto MJD, the battery is same 44Ah.
  7. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi
    But my mjd has 50 AH battery??
    does it have two types of batteries.

Ravi, Ur mjd has 44AH? R u sure?
  8. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    My Linea 1.4 has 44Ah battery. The OEM was Exide Din44AhMF. Changed it to Exide Din 44 Ah. It has 2.5 years free replacement warranty:). After 2.5 years till 3 years, 50% discount on replacement battery, then 45%, 40% etc discount & it goes on till 5 years.
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes, I have checked today also, and the sticker is same as J. Ravi has posted above.
  10. What did you do with ur battery of 1.2 pintu? I'm also seeing long engine crank start up problem (not frequently but once in a while) after 24 months, 13K KM of car ownership and get checked the battery at Bosch service center. The guy said need replacement (may need second opinion) and quoted 5.8k for tata green 2.5 yrs replacement warranty, 6.2k for Bosch 2 yrs replacement warranty and ~6k for Amaron (He said something called Din battery). I dnt quite understand the other terms with respect to battery ( 12V , 50 Ah etc.) but wants to go with the maintenance free long lasting battery.