1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Battery upgrade

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by amolmane, Oct 22, 2010.

1. coolboy007

coolboy007 Novizio

New Delhi
    I was planning to change the battery of my 2009 Linea as airbag failure messages have started coming, earlier battery was replaced 3 years back. Can the Linea 1.4 be fitted with a 50Ah batter? I know the stock size is 44Ah but can i fit 50Ah and is there any harm in doing so? Getting a very good deal on paytm so was planning to change it.
  2. Maddy79

Maddy79 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Aviator
    Can you share the details of the shop & Location, where you got this deal and was your old battery DIN50
  3. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Maddy79
    I got the battery from Sai Ram Batteries and yes my old battery was OEM Exide DIN 50. Here's the exact address

Sai Ram Batteries
    Lic A-14, Dr A S Rao Nagar, Ecil
    Hyderabad
    Andhra Pradesh - 500012
    Phone: 8977734555
    Google Map Link: https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/Sai Ram Batteries/@17.478446,78.5634652,17z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xcc1550f1bd998855
  4. sageeshr

sageeshr Amatore

Bangalore
    Sarjapur Road
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Have anyone bought battery online? How was it? Could you please share the experience?
  5. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I would suggest you buy from a local store near by who will also take the old battery back, if you are well werse with JC road it's on the ride side of Lalbaugh road, just after the Garuda Maruti dealership signal, on to your right you shall see this.
    I got my Punto's battery (Amaron) battery at a very good deal cheaper than Batterybhai(online battery store), it's a very small store and comes with proper warranty card.
  6. sageeshr

sageeshr Amatore

Bangalore
    Sarjapur Road
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks Anup.
  7. harishgayatri

harishgayatri Amatore

Mulund, Mumbai
    Hey guys, Which AH is a preferred option for the Punto 1.2 Petrol

My Exide OEM battery is dying.
  8. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Is there a increase in load of any component e.g alternator,starter etc. if higher capacity battery of 55AH or 60AH is used?
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Higher amp hour batteries have been used upto DIN60 without any trouble. Plus side is better cold cranking amps. And diesels can use slight upsized batteries, although if all systems are stock and perfect even DIN45 batteries have been seen to work without any issues.
    For most people the stock batteries will suffice. As far as alternator efficiency is good. Belts bearings etc. also must be in good condition for smooth charge discharge operations and best performance and longevity of battery. And of course periodic battery checkup-topup as needed.
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
    Ganges likes this.
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    The only hitch with the DIN60 is the dimensions, it is slightly bigger than the DIN50 and 55. Installation could be irksome due to the specific slot for battery in Fiat cars.

@harishgayatri I would suggest to opt for Amaron and you can opt for the DIN50 capacity.